All reviews dulles airport hot tub the breakfast area bob evans free breakfast waffles desk clerk excellent customer service clean hotel shuttle service air and space museum would stay again one night stay cleaning staff excellent stay bed was comfortable dc area
Reviewed 27 September 2018

Was very disappointed with ours stay at the hotel.The rooms were old.There was hardly any water coming out of the faucet.We had complained to the front desk,but nothing was done about it.
The breakfast was horrible.The waffle mix was really bad.The juice was watery.
Was not impressed.The only positive thing was the location was good.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
StaciM122, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2018

Dear LubDub56,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Chantilly. Please accept our sincere apology for not meeting your expectations and the poor response to your needs during your stay. I have forwarded your comments to the maintenance department so that they can address the issue with the faucet in the room. Our property has recently under gone a full renovation with in the last year and half. The rooms decor meets the Marriott Brand Standards.

Again, thank you for submitting a review of our property. It is comments from our guests that help us improve our service.

Sincerely,m

Reviewed 26 September 2018

I was happy to stay at this Fairfield. Room was nice and clean although the AC was a bit noisy. I did not hear any plane noise. Wifi was strong with no hassle. I did not have time to enjoy the breakfast.

The shuttle runs on demand. I needed to call from the airport. The free public phone service did not work (not maintained for a long time it seemed). It took about 30-40 minutes for the shuttle to arrive and ~15 minutes to the hotel. There was another Fairfield Inn property, I got on its shuttle and almost left in it. The way shuttle runs only on demand appears to be not just of this Fairfield Inn, but of all the hotels near Dulles from what I overheard a shuttle driver. I also reserved a seat for the next morning. The shuttle runs start from 5:30 AM. Overall, everything ran smoothly, though I wished an earlier run.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Neal D, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear fscholar,

Thank you for the excellent review! I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Was a great place and leaving your car their was gone and was taken care of and the staff wa outstanding. The rooms are clean and the breakfast was outstanding and the van to and from the airport wa on time always.

Date of stay: December 2017

Dear Dennymamie,

I am so glad you had an outstanding experience with us. See you again soon!

Reviewed 24 August 2018

I stayed here with my teenage son and his friend. They were attending Super Smash Con at the nearby Dulles Expo.
The location is good, within walking distance of Expo and close to restaurants and shops. Longhorn, Bob Evans and Santini's are adjacent.
Also convenient for Dulles Airport, the hotel provides a Shuttle Bus service. Also nearby is the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum (Dulles) which is well worth a visit.
The room was sufficiently large and well furnished. Bathroom was fine with plenty of toiletries and towels.
The indoor pool was fine and had a large hot tub alongside and an exterior patio area.
Breakfast was buffet style and was varied and well stocked. A small retail facility was located in the lobby.
Free WiFi was provided throughout the property and was good. There was also a PC and printer available in the lobby.
The staff were all helpful and welcoming and are a great asset to the hotel.
I can certainly recommend this if you are visiting the area.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Kildress,

I am glad you were able to have a great stay with us while the kids were busy playing Fortnite!

See you next year!

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Ok until I came down for breakfast which was accompanied by Fox News. When I checked out, I suggested to the manager that he put on something that was less propaganda and more actual news such as NBC or CNN. He was very confrontational and said others had complained as well, and he didn’t know why we couldn’t be more “open minded” and just listen to Fox. I said because it wasn’t news but more of a cheerleading effort for the current right wing administration. I said I just wanted something more middle of the road, but I found Fox disturbing when I was having my morning coffee. Another gentleman checking out nodded in agreement with me. As I was leaving the manager was still yelling at us that we had to learn to listen to everyone. He was very rude and insistent in spite of the fact that he was the desk clerk and I was the customer. I thought Marriott provided better training for their employees. Disappointing experience.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Staci M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Dear CC22405,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience with the staff at the Fairfield Inn Chantilly. The desk agent's response to your request was very inappropriate and unwarranted., Please accept my sincere apology for his behavior. I have shared your comments with that agent and as a training refresher for the entire desk staff.

It was not our intention to mar what should have been a pleasant stay with us. Again, please accept my sincere apology for the incident. Should your travels bring you back to the Dulles area we would welcome you to stay with us again.