“Unexpected Menu in Shopping Center”
Review of First Watch

First Watch
Ranked #10 of 186 Restaurants in Chantilly
Price range: US$7 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Diner, Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Went there for breakfast on Saturday. Menu had the classics with a twist. My sister in law had lemon curd, while I had a BLT eggs benedict. My wife had a traditional eggs benedict. All came quickly with good service throughout our meal.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Actually I did not realize it is part of a chain. First Watch has a fairly extensive menu with something for everyone. We (4 adults, one very hungry teenager and a child) went on a Monday at 10:00 AM so no wait. We were seated quickly and served coffee with a carafe left on the table. I tried one of the hash bowls (vegetables, potatoes and 2 eggs an style). It came out piping hot with 2 slices of grainy toast, delicious - I would order it again.
The teen had a blueberry pancake the size of an old 78 record and finished it all with room for an omelet. Everyone was satisfied with their choice with 3 of us bringing home some of our order.
Don't miss if you are in the area.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Family lunch at noon on Saturdays may lead to 1h wait
Use the Nowait app to make reservation but only possible if you are less than 10 miles away. Call if you are beyond 10 miles.
Great food and service.
My dish this time was a roll with chicken and vegetables plus potatoes on the side

Reviewed 10 March 2018

I was in town for the day so two friends and I met at this First Watch for lunch. The restaurant is in the Greenbriar Town Center. There was plenty of parking. We arrived around 12:30 pm but the restaurant was not crowded. The host immediately directed us to a table near the center rear of the room. Shortly after we sat down, our server came over to take our drink orders. She gave us time to review the menu after delivering the drinks. We placed our orders and they arrived in a very reasonable period. I had the Monterey Club without the avocado. Our server checked just to make sure the order was correct. My sandwich was fresh and appetizing. We had the opportunity to leisurely enjoy our meals without feeling rushed. Our server checked with us to see if we needed refills on our drinks. The restaurant has an open design. It is one large room full of tables. The noise level was above average making conversation difficult at times. Overall, it was a good dining experience. I recommend it.

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

First time at this chain breakfast/brunch joint that has been popping up on my radar around Virginia. Unsure how many stores, but the closest one to me is Newport News. This store is in Northern VA.

When researching restaurants for Sunday brunch First Watch appeared as the closest, good overall rating and ability to use a new yelp feature of online check-in to be put on waitlist was a draw. This was easy to use and gave approximate time frame of wait. It ended up being close to accurate to the high end. You also have the ability to remove yourself from list. So a mini review of this is use it and 5 Stars.

The GPS easily brought my son and I to their front door which is in a strip. Signage excellent and the parking lot and walk up clear of debris.

When attempting to open the entry door it was locked and they were open and packed...strange right? A few customers confirmed locked, not jammed. A few minutes later when a customer exited I walked in with other customers waiting. Is this a crowd control measure I wonder?

There was little standing room with a crowd on wait. No room, no chairs and not comfortable at all. They do offer free coffee while you wait. Can you see where I'm going with this? I didn't like being squeezed in. During warmer weather days they do have outside dining on the walk. I talked with a staff person who confirmed we were checked in.

My party of two was called around 5 minutes past the online wait list timeframe, that close and very good. We were taken to a table in the back by the kitchen which was better than being up front as I think its probably a bit noisier. The dining room consisted of standard table and chair seating with a booth running against exterior walls. The room is a box with office type ceiling panels and lighting. The space was very boring cookie cutter blah. If all First Watch stores are like this I would not be a fan.

With a 3 hour drive ahead we moved quickly to brunch and move out. Our waitress was thankfully on top of menus, drinks ordering and smiled. Service was for the most part not an issue and friendly the entire time. Coffee, waters and milk hit the table quickly. I do like the fact they provide a pot of coffee. Within 15 minutes food orders were pushed out which was excellent considering the volume of customers.

My order The Floridian French Toast with side of Millionaire Bacon. My son regular French Toast with side of scrambled eggs. The coffee was good, not great but drinkable. The Floridian FT was tasty with fresh bread and tons of fresh fruit. The bananas could have been sliced thinner, picky I know. The warm syrup added nice flavor with the fruit and powdered sugar. I loved the syrup bottles and slow pour. My son enjoyed his meal. The drawback was the side I was most excited about. The Millionaire Bacon was a big let down and honestly drug my review into 3 territory. It was not the best quality and severely undercooked. Also there was too much oil. By the time our waitress checked back in we were over half into meals. I advised her of undercooked bacon to which she said you can request it crispy. I've had candied bacon aka Millionaire Bacon several times and it's always been served firm, to crispy and never so oily.

Check out was easy up front. The prices do tilt north for a brunch since they do more with elevated plating etc. However, are they better than a typical diner with quality of food? Not in my first experience with the chain. Service above average, food average and a sterile atmosphere is not my cup of tea. 3.5 rounding down.

Date of visit: February 2018