“Ok BBQ”

Famous Dave's
Ranked #13 of 183 Restaurants in Chantilly
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

Went with a large group, and service was on the slow side. Server was very good, but our group needed at a minimum two or three servers.

Ribs were good, but on the greasy side. Mac and cheese was over cooked and too runny. Collard greens on the bland side. Overall, ok BBQ, but one would expect better when visiting the south.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

I am not usually all that in to bar-be-que, though there are some restaurants I will go to. Famous Dave's is one of those restaurants and they have some foods and sauces that are just addicting. Even when I 've been in there and they've been busy, they employees handle business. Definitely recommend.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

We're not usually interested in chain BBQ places, but went here on Veterans Day because the place next door was jammed. We were on a time schedule, so tried Dave's. They were jammed too, but we were pleased to find two seats in the bar and grabbed them!

We're both vets and they had a nice Veterans Day menu -- about eight choices for a meat, side, and corn bread. I got ribs, and had a very generous portion (took one home for a sandwich the next day). Our other choice was brisket which was also ample and excellent.

Service was quick, meals served piping hot, servers and staff pleasant, management came by a couple of times. Not intrusive, but helpful. For casual dining on a busy evening this really couldn't be topped.

Based on this very good encounter, would not be reluctant to go to a Dave's again.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

Northern Virginia Chesterton Society meeting was the occasion of our visit. It meets on the first Saturday of the month from 3-5 p.m. -- this time we had about 20 which would seem like a big crowd. The service was outstanding. Cheerful, informative, observant, helpful with items on the menu and the food was absolutely great. I always have the Cat Fish Fingers and a nice lager in those sculptured sleek 20 ounce glasses. Had a wonderful time and am looking forward to coming next month.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

I had been ordering from and eating at the Dave's in Sterling, but they closed down due to lack of business. I remembered that my husband had a great burger from Dave's before, so called for my pick-up. This location is right off Rt 28 on Rt 50 West, then to the left right away. It was a long drive for me, but it was worth it. I ordered 2 burgers with bacon, cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickles. They give you the burger unassembled so the bun doesn't get soggy, along with your chosen side. The extra salads were full of good veggies and really hit the spot! I've also ordered ribs before and they are lean and smoky. I recommend this place, even though it's a bit out of the way. The menu's terrific and the food's good.