“4th of July disappointment”
Review of Famous Dave's

Famous Dave's
Ranked #13 of 186 Restaurants in Chantilly
Cuisines: American
Description: Famous Dave is the most awarded Pitmaster in history -- a true originator blessed with a great sense of taste and a passion to create only the best of the best. Even among BBQ champions, Dave is recognized as the authority on the art of cooking with smoke and flame. Famous Dave's is the winner of more than 700 National and local awards. Award Winning St. Louis Style Ribs, Texas Beef Brisket, Georgia Chopped Pork, Country-Roasted Chicken, BBQ Chicken, Baby Back Ribs, Cedar Plank Salmon, Southside Rib Tips, Famous Salads, Honey Buttered Cornbread Muffins, Chicken Wild Rice Soup, Creamy Coleslaw, Wilbur Beans, Signature Cocktails and more!
Reviewed 5 July 2018

Based upon last years great experience with the restaurant we ordered in person at the restaurant on 7/3/18 for a 4pm pickup on 7/4/18. I arrived at3:35pm in hopes of an early pickup. Even though they were extremely busy I believed based upon the early order from the day before that I could expect my order close to on time. Unfortunately over the next 50 minutes I watched many walk ins order and receive their take out and I was never asked about the status of my order unless I asked first. And I asked FOUR SEPARATE TIMES OVER 50 MINUTES WITH NOTHING MORE THAN A RESPONSE OF “they ere working it”. When I ordered the day before I was told it would include plates and utensils, only to find them missing when I got home. Also found the pulled pork to be dry.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

The ribs fall off the bone. Devils Spit is my favorite sauce. The collard greens will make you smack your momma.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 11 June 2018

Service was ok. Food was not. Brisket was tough fried chicken could have come from a box in the freezer. Was a big fan when they first opened but times have changed. Also a bit pricey with dinner for two at sixty dollars with tip, no alcohol and only one soft drink.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 8 May 2018

Our first Famous Dave's was in Potomac Mills Mall. Very good. We have been to many more in VA since. This one is no exception. Food is great! We always have ribs.
Ours was gigantic, the two of us ate it. it was delicious, as always.
Unfortunately the beans are very good but they have too much pepper and I could not eat them.
Our server was a US born from Colombian parents, spoke like a bogotana. Very nice girl, extremely good at her work, and got a nice reward for it.
Since we bought a home in the area, we shall be eating there once in a while. My cholesterol and triglycerides will not let it be a common occurrence...

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 7 May 2018

I have eaten at Famous Dave’s before and it’s good. I am a little biased since it is not as good as my local independent places. Service was great, very attentive and they offered a drink to go - nice touch. Meat comes in chunks rather than pulled. Sauces were very good. This place is close to Udvar-Hazy and day to get to.

Date of visit: May 2018