“Nice spicy meal!”

Price range: US$20 - US$35
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

After a meeting, my colleagues and I decided to enjoy some Thai food.

We decided to go to Thai Basil a nearby restaurant. The busy was very busy during lunch time. I asked for my meal to be spicy. I ordered Tom Yum Koong soup a spicy broth cooked with shrimp, lemon grass and Kaffir lime leaves. It was spicy, delicious, tangy and satisfying. I followed this up with Pad Kra Pow, a chicken stir fry made with chilies and basil. This is served with rice and once again is spicy and delicious.

The food is reasonably priced and delicious and the staff is very polite.

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

We saw this episode on TV who won against Bobby Flay. It was good, but it was average. I was excited for the duck and was underwhelmed, good Thai food, but average for the area.

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

The food at Thai Basil has the right flavors but not anything much above average. The sweet sauce was watery and I hey seem d to win he Eskimo on spicing the dishes or use low cost low quality y ingredients. The hey definitely skimped on the greens in the Pad Thai and skipped them almost entirely on the drunken noodles.

Flavored were good but weak in curry flavor.

We could not get drink service to save our lives and we had to get up and chase down a waiter 3 times while we were there.

Cheap strip mall interior but for $8 to $9 each and $1.50for a drink and $6 for an appetizer (frozen not made on site) I guess that is what we should expect- after all it's only a few $ per person than McD's.

Reviewed 5 June 2017

Our hotel, which was within walking distance, recommended this restaurant. It was our last day of vacation after many days of hiking. The board out front said the special was Pad Thai with soft shell crab. It sounded great, especially seeing the inserts in the menu that Pad Thai was their signature dish. We noticed the service was a bit slow in getting our drinks and order in. We waited a while, and our dish arrived. It was a surprise because we were not expecting the crab to be whole and the entire thing was deep fried. It was overcooked and tiny on a bed of dry, slightly burned noodles. We were starving, so we tried to eat it. It was so unappetizing, I had to stop after a few bites. There was virtually no meat on this tiny crab. Basically we had a $15 plate of burned noodles and maybe one or two bites of dried up crab. We waited a while again until we flagged down a server. We asked to add chicken and more sauce. They went back and added chicken. The sauce seemed almost the same except it had more of a burned taste. We were so hungry, we ate it, but were unhappy. We waited a very long time for our check to pay. When we left, we went straight to the fast food place located nearby and got food to actually fill us up. That second fast food meal was far better than the dinner we ate at Thai Basil. It was really dissapointing and probably one of the worst meals we've had eating out. It was not the way to end our wonderful vacation. I would not recommend this to anyone.

1  Thank hitl
Reviewed 4 May 2017

We eat here frequently. Very busy at lunch time. A well kept secret among locals. Venue is not fancy. Tucked into a shopping center, but so worth it for the food. Chef Nong is outstanding. They will adjust the amount of spice in any dish. Quick service. Friendly staff. Their Pad Thai won a throwdown with Bobby Flay. I've not tried a dish here that I didn't like. The chicken is a bit too processed, but I forgive that because the chili lime sauce is so delicious.