“Are there any good places left in South Riding?”
Review of Velocity Wings

Velocity Wings
Ranked #63 of 157 Restaurants in Chantilly
Reviewed 13 August 2017

Went here tonight, and there were more than a few issues, mostly having to do with attention to detail in the kitchen, bartender and also the server. You know, those annoying derails that add up when you are spending $50 on lunch for two. And, it's worse when it has become a trend among most of the restaurants in your neighborhood. Know what I mean? I said as much to our server, as she rolled her eyes (back to that in a moment) and I also said the same thing to the manager, who patiently listened and the attempted to "make it right" by deducting a few bucks from the bill, against my wishes. Look, going out is supposed to be fun. For me, fun is not having to cook; not having to do dishes, and not having to complain about bad service or bad food. Again, eating out is not cheap. So, thinking on root cause tonight, I think I might be on to something, and it's not just this place. I work in DC. So, if I go out, it's for lunch, not dinner. And, no matter where I go, I never have the issues I seem to have in the suburbs of wealthy northern VA on the weekends or in the evenings in the summer. That's when I figured it out: it's the kids who are essentially running these places out here. They don't really need the money, so they don't care. Quality is only as good as they can get away with. I truly believe that the owners of restaurants in my area know this. So, hey. How's about taking these little spoiled brats aside and train them? If they don't fear being fired, and from what I've seen they do not, can you at least teach them how to do thier jobs? In the meantime, I'll be cooking at home.

Reviewed 25 June 2017

As much as I'd like to give this restaurant 4 stars, I just can't quite do it. This restaurant is in my neighborhood, I wish it well, I want it to stay, but the service has issues. The wings are very good--really, very good! They are crispy on the outside, tender and juicy on the inside, and they don't have the disgusting fattiness that so many wings have. If I just rated on the wings, this place would get 5 stars....BUT, we have had slow, inattentive service every single time we've been there. There seem to be plenty of servers, so that doesn't seem to be the problem. The servers we have had just plain ignore us. I feel like telling them upfront that I'm usually a VERY liberal tipper, but when you have to get up and go in search of your server, it's hard to want to tip much. I'll always still give 13-15% even with bad service, but these young servers should realize that if they'd just come by and fill my drink, ask if I need anything, etc., I'll always tip 25%. So, we still go here occasionally because the wings are so good, but we'd go a lot more often if we knew we wouldn't leave feeling vaguely annoyed and ignored. Management needs to train these servers better, but the cooks are doing great!

Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

Brought the family here on a Saturday afternoon. Great atmosphere and friendly service. This is definitely a place for locals. The restaurant is small so you need to get there early if there is a popular game on. The server said they are usually pretty busy during football, hockey, and basketball games. This is actually a local chain and there are 3-4 of them around Northern Virginia. Their website is easy to find. We had a burger, pulled pork, and sweet siracha wings.

Their flavors of wings are: Honey BBQ, Honey Mustard, Island Dry Rub, Honey Crab, Memphis Dry Rub, Smokey BBQ, Spicy Thai, Sweet Red Chili, Sweet Sriracha, and Tabasco Hot Sauce

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

Went with son and is family, 6 of us all together. Nice beer selection, nice selection of wings. The burgers are some of the best we've had anywhere (try the Elvis burger with bacon and peanut sauce). Service was extremely polite and courteous. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

Have been here several times. Best wings around. We even order take out. Delicious food. A great spot to go with friends to watch a game. Has outdoor seating in warmer months.