2,021 results
All reviews pedestrian mall great location self parking restaurants and shops corner room breakfast buffet outdoor mall outdoor pool excellent hotel main street business trip front desk staff fitness center excellent stay historic downtown easy access c ville
Reviewed 21 March 2017

This is the place to stay in Charlottesville, has it all. The staff and servers are excellent. The location is perfect, entertainment, food and shopping. The restaurant and bar are a great place to start and end your day.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2017

This hotel is centrally located in the heart of historic Charlottesville. The hotel is clean and comfortable. It is in need of updates but is still very nice. Lots of restaurants in easy walking distance and a very nice cinema café.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 20 March 2017

Stayed at the Omni for a weekend teacher conference on Jefferson. Upon my arrival I was greeted in the circle drive and advised I could park myself underneath or valet. I chose to park myself as it was free and plentiful Check in was friendly and quick. Room was nice, wifi worked great. Shower was strong. Nice to have a full bar of soap for once! The facilities for our conference were very nice and the food was very good for lunch and dinner. It's great that this hotel is so close to the stores along the walkway too.
I have to say that the breakfast buffet was the best I have ever had. The chef made the best omelet I have ever tasted. The selection of fresh fruit, 3-4 types of butters and just about anything else you would need for breakfast was available. I left very full and satisfied every morning! Definitely a huge plus that sets this hotel apart for others.
Although there was some events going on in the hotel like a wedding and fraternity party, the hotel never felt crowded or overwhelmed. I highly recommend this hotel. If I ever get back this way again, this hotel would be my choice.
PS: Only ding from me is that I wanted to charge my hybrid/electric car in the garage. I was told I could have valet parking for $10 and can get a charge. Decided against the charge, but hope this would be adjusted for those who do drive these cars and don't want to valet.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Omni_General_Manager, General Manager at Omni Charlottesville, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2017

Thank you for such a kind and thorough review of the Omni Charlottesville Hotel! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We work hard to keep our guests happy and appreciate your feedback. I will pass along your car charging comments to the proper personnel. We will deliberate and hopefully come up with a solution that will keep all of us happy. Thanks again for your review. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back to our property soon!

Reviewed 19 March 2017

We were greeted by very friendly front desk staff, that went out of their way to explain the dining options and shopping areas. The porter came up as we arrived outside with our rental car to explain where to park, and was waiting for us to help us with our baggage as we arrived from the parking garage. There were two different water dispensers each with a different set of fruits for refreshment in the Hotel Lobby. The Lobby is five stories high and lets in alot of natural light through the windows. Trees in Lobby were beautiful, restful, and inviting. There were three to four different sets of complimentary newspapers in the Lobby for guests. In the morning, we had a wonderful buffet including custom omelets, bagels, jams, eggs, cereals, coffees, and drinks. This hotel is in an excellent location at the foot of the downtown pedestrian Mall within easy access to over 20 different restaurants, theater, ice rink, and eclectic shopping. There is a free trolley that will take you to the University of Virginia Campus and other venues. The room was very nice with Keurig coffee dispensers, spacious bathroom that was clean with separate vanity outside of the shower & bath, matresses were firm but not hard. Colors were natural, earth tones. The staff are well trained on providing excellent service and southern hospitality! Very attentive. We would have liked Queen Sized beds to stretch out a bit more in, but that was the only complaint. Beds were very modern and comfy. Dave, Irene, Sara

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 March 2017

Top notch service, on the pedestrian walk downtown, clean and comfortable rooms, excellent amenities, and a turn down service with chocolate chip cookies and milk are just a few of the reasons I would highly recommend this hotel to business or pleasure travelers.

• Trip type: Travelled with family