Cavalier Inn at the University of Virginia
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Excel Inn & Suites(Charlottesville)
Oakhurst Inn(Charlottesville)
Graduate Charlottesville(Charlottesville)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
UVA Inn at Darden(Charlottesville)
Omni Charlottesville(Charlottesville)
  • Pool
All reviewsroom was cleanfree breakfastan older hotelbagelsthe staff was friendly and helpfulrotundaorientationschoolmonticello
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 February 2018

We slept very soundly in these clean and quiet rooms! We loved the east side with the extra glass protection! The beds were soft and comfortable. We used the fitness center, which was clean and had 2 treadmills, 2 ellipticals, and various weights. The breakfast with the fresh waffle makers was delicious. The location to the school couldn't have been better! I left a pair of glasses at the hotel and the general manager, Almira, went over and above to ship them out to CA for the cheapest rate she could find me. A really lovely stay at an affordably priced inn!!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
CavalierInn, Manager at Cavalier Inn at the University of Virginia, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Thanks for your positive review! We hope you choose to stay with us again sometime

Reviewed 14 February 2018

As hotels go, one can usually say you get what you pay for but the Cavalier Inn definitely provides MORE than what I expected given the very reasonable nightly rate. The rooms are large and the beds are comfortable and--except for one recent Friday night when the hotel was booked solid due to a college basketball game with a rival school and so the noise level at the hotel reflected the excitement (read: it was LOUD)--the only word of caution I would offer is to ask to stay on the WEST side of the hotel. For some reason the hotel glass-enclosed the walkway outside the rooms on the east side which translates into a very well insulated (over-heated) room. After moving to the west side I was much more comfortable! :-) I am definitely staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 January 2018

I thought the hotel would be located on campus. It was located close to campus on a main street but not what I was thinking when it said on campus. Also, it is a motel, not a hotel, in other words, you have to go outside to get to your room.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Miriam B
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

I had a great stay here while my son was attending orientation at UVA. The hotel is simple but clean and well run. I had a great night's sleep. Sadly, I just heard it is closing and being toen down this May.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Super convenient location; very affordable; clean; pleasant staff. But walls are paper-thin --if anyone is in the room next to you you will be able to hear everything they say. I bought ear plugs! Uncomfortable beds. Ok for a night if you're on a budget.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business

I am sorry to hear that the issues you experienced had a negative impact on your stay with us. Please know that the management and staff of Cavalier Inn are working diligently to correct these issues, in an effort to better meet the needs and expectations of our guests. I hope you choose to stay with us again and give us another chance to change your impression of our hotel and the service we provide.