“Rainy day needed warm comfort food1”

Peter Chang's China Grill
Ranked #106 of 567 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Http://peterchangscharlottesville.com
Reviewed 8 December 2016

A
The service was outstanding. Our food was very good generous portions. Looked as if this must be a popular and busy place. Several people came in for take out while we were there. My husband had a shrimp dish, I had the Kung Pos Chicken. Hot and sour soup was also very good. We will be back when we are in the area.

Reviewed 6 December 2016 via mobile

First let me start off by saying I'm not a big fan of Chinese food this past weekend I went to visit my husband who going to the army Jag school in Charlottesville he insisted I give it a try with much hesitation I gave in and went, boy am I glad I did I loved it and for me to say that about Chinese food is un heard of this is like no other I would recommend this place to anyone it's a must try the fried eggplant it's amazing as well as the rest of the menu

1  Thank Christal R
Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

I really liked the Dry Fried egg plant sticks - the menu describes them as stir-fried with Szechuan peppercorn and chili, scallions and cilantro.

whatever makes it work, they're magic !

our server was delightful, knowledgeable abt the menu and really focused on us in a friendly helpful way when explaining the menu or serving . terrific.

Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

This place is outstanding! Excellent wait staff and dishes I've never seen at other Chinese restaurants. The portions are more than generous, and you can order your food as spicy or as mild as you like. For the spicy food fans out there, I highly recommend the Schezuan Hot Pot.

Reviewed 25 October 2016

Really good, really authentic and well-seasoned food! The menu is very comprehensive and seafood, lamb, chicken, beef, tofu, fish are well-represented and cooked in a variety of different styles. Little pepper icons indicate degree of hotness in the Schezwan styles. There are many soups, many clay pot dishes, many vegetarian dishes. We opted for dinner entrees of chicken and mushroom, snow peas, asparagus in white sauce; and a traditional sweet and sour pork. Both were perfectly seasoned, the pork not your usual gloppy pink "bottled" sauce, but a faintly sweet brown sauce with good pork, not too heavily breaded. Brown rice is available. The entrees were quite large and we polished off half of each and brought the rest home. Nice wines by glass in the $7-$8 range, and good beer selection. Peter Chang's is a go-to place to take guests and for a special lunch or dinner for people who enjoy good Chinese food. Service is great, by the way.