“Yummy Lunch - Bring Cash”
Review of Jade Garden

Jade Garden
Ranked #390 of 567 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 4 March 2016 via mobile

Average strip mall, take out and delivery Chinese. They do have a couple tables if you want to dine in. I recently started working near by and was looking for another lunch option. I was pleasantly pleased.

The lunch was under $6 with tax and was a huge serving. It was also cooked to order = hot and fresh! Not to worry, this did not lead to a long wait for food.

Bring cash, they do not accept credit cards.

Reviewed 12 June 2015

Awful service and we waited forever for our food. Typical Chinese restaurant. I think that with more personable service we would have stayed.

Reviewed 23 October 2014

On our recent vacation we could not locate a restaurant close to our hotel, everything was fast food. We found Jade Garden in a shopping area close to our hotel so we stopped. The food is cooked when you order so we gave it a try and took back to our room. The food tasted very fresh and delicious. The prices very reasonable. They do have a few tables if you want to eat inside. The servings were so large we had leftovers for the next day.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I don't care where one goes in America, every average sized town has three or more Chinese take-out places that look just like Jade Garden. That being said, Jade Garden is an absolute bargain if one is looking for a good hot lunch for $5.00 in Charlottesville. The portions are large and food is not bad. The aging strip mall store front was probably last cleaned sometime during the Nixon administration and there is no real seating to speak of, not that you would want to hang out in that neighborhood anyway. This is a working class take-out joint but a damn good value. So, if you don't have a lot of money and need a large, hot lunch - look no further than Jade Garden.

Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

After receiving the food for delivery I ended up cooking instead and have the food away. It is cheap Chinese food, but not in the good way. The food lacks flavor, depth, inspiration, and ingredients. I would not even eat this as hangover food.

The S+S pork had more breading than pork, and the pork itself lacked flavor and skilled cooking. The flavor of the sauce was so artificial, It would take dedicated effort to find manufactured ss sauce that was this bad. Dish was a complete waste.

Mapu tofu, fried rice, and egg rolls each win an award for the worst I have ever had.

Chicken wings were the only eatable item. They were cooked with some skill but not with a hint of eastern inspiration.

I may have higher standards than most, but I would not even
consider this as a food source again if it were the last restaurant in CVille.

1  Thank ubermd