Hyatt Place Charlottesville
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Econo Lodge North(Charlottesville)
Super 8 Charlottesville(Charlottesville)
  • Pool
All reviewsmovie theatergreat locationshopping areatrader joessitting areafree breakfastmodern hotelwalking distanceexcellent place to stayrestaurants and shopswould definitely stay here againfront desk staffroom was spaciousplenty of parkingthe breakfast areaboth morningsstayed for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 February 2018

Arrived after 10 pm and had used the online express advance check-in but I still had to wait about 10 minutes while the receptionist helped another staff person take care of a very active bar area. I would have put a priority on getting a guest check-in versus serving another beer or two to customers in the bar. After that, everything was as expected. I had a business breakfast so I didn't take advantage of the free breakfast at the hotel. One important note, I had room 101 which was ground floor facing the street. You could hear street noise, most noticeably a group of partiers across the street in a field next to the shopping area. I put the room fan on to block out the noise. Generally I was happy with the Hyatt. I would stay here again but be would make sure I don't get a room on the street side of the hotel.

Room Tip: try not to get the street level facing the street.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Carrie J, Manager at Hyatt Place Charlottesville, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Thank you Smvmd for taking the time to submit a review of the Hyatt Place Charlottesville. Even though web-check-in guests still need to present an ID at check in, it should be a seamless experience. I will be addressing your comments with our team. For any future reservations, please feel free to reach out to me or my front desk and we will be more than happy to accommodate a higher floor room request for you. My contact information is provided below. We sincerely appreciate all of your feedback and hope to see you again on your next trip through town.

Carrie Jones
Sales Manager
T +1 434 995 5200 ext. 5105
E carrie.jones@hyatt.com

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Easy check In, courteous staff. Modern appearance. King rooms are nice size with sitting area. Clean. Next to shopping area with high end shops, good food options and movie theatre. Quick access to UVA and shuttle available.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Carrie J, Manager at Hyatt Place Charlottesville, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Thank you Tiff68 for the great review of the Hyatt Place Charlottesville. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our location. With our proximity to the Shops at Stonefield, the Downtown Mall, and the University of Virginia, our guests have a wide range of activities to choose from. We appreciate all of your kind words as well as the recommendation and hope to see you again on your next trip into town.

Reviewed 23 February 2018

This appeared to be just another average hotel. Turned out otherwise. First off, walking in, the place appeared brand new, although we learned later it had been in operation for about five years. The staff was absolutely great! Friendly, helpful, and extremely polite. The room was pretty much standard, although nice, clean and well maintained with virtually no evidence of wear. An interesting additional feature you don't often see is that adjacent to the reception area in the lobby was a well stocked small bar along with a large case with a variety of snack foods, sandwiches and the like. We walked in late one night and Rachelle, Cynthia and the others treated us like family, better in fact, mixed us some great drinks, and joined us for some really enjoyable conversation. This was truly the kind of hospitality you would hope to see from the "hospitality industry" but rarely, if ever, do.

I should also mention that nearby is a large upscale shopping area with good restaurants as well as a large movie theater, all within a block or two, easy walking distance. Next time we're in the area this will definitely be our destination of choice!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you Edward T for taking the time to review the Hyatt Place Charlottesville. I am so happy to hear that Rachelle and Cynthia were able to make you feel right at home. I will definitely be passing along your wonderful comments to our entire staff as they all take great pride in maintaining the "new"ness of our hotel. We appreciate all of your feedback and look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

This hotel looks amazing, it was built in 2014. It’s in a great location adjacent to a new shopping area with upscale stores, 14 screen movie theater and restaurants. Staff were all nice. The free breakfast is above average and pretty extensive. It is a great value for the price.

Unfortunately we ran into a lot of issues. There were no blankets for the sofa sleeper when we arrived so we called the front desk, they told us they’d bring some up. Half an hour later, called again. Hour later called a third time.

First day, housekeeping took our four bath towels and left us with three. We had four people in our family. Second day got back to hotel around 4 pm and room had not been cleaned. Housekeeping was nextdoor so we figured they’d be getting to us next. Nope. Never even knocked. We had to ask the front desk for some clean towels.

As other people have noted, the heating/cooling system is set up so that the vents blow directly on one of the beds. You can move the blades a bit, but ultimately if you want to have AC/heat or the fan on while in the bed closest to the window, it’s going to be blowing directly on you... the entire night. This was a poor design.

Room was quiet, never could hear adjoining rooms, except apparently laundry facilities were nearby (which seemed odd since we were on the fourth floor) the lampshades were literally shaking from what I’m assuming was the spin cycle on the washing machine, you could feel the floor vibrating. There also was mildew on the shower curtain.

The indoor pool is a nice feature we were looking forward to using. Sadly the water was cold, and there’s no hot tub! Oh and nobody’s room card works on the door to the pool, so you will need to have the front desk let you in. Our first night they said they were having someone come and fix it, but this was still unresolved on our third night.

If you have an electric car, this hotel not only has a Tesla charging bank, but multiple level 2 chargers for Leaf’s, volts, bolts, etc.

There’s lots of options in Charlottesville, I’d look elsewhere.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Kico H, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Charlottesville, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Hello Engine 33,

I appreciate you providing us this feedback. Your guest room and staff issues should never have taken place, we clearly fell short in these areas. We will be sharing your survey with the entire staff as a training tool on how we communicate. It sounds to me like the team was giving answers, yet failed to follow through on anything. The housekeeping issues you shared show lack of attention to detail on our part. The items you pointed out are minimal expectations for any guest staying at our hotel, I apologize for our inability to meet them.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

Stayed at the Hyatt Place for business and had a wonderful express. The staff, especially Rachelle and Cynthia, were amazing. They made our stay there seem like home away from home. Always pleasant and always had a smile.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Carrie J, Manager at Hyatt Place Charlottesville, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Thank you kwilliamsok for your wonderful review of the Hyatt Place Charlottesville. I am always happy to hear examples of how the staff have gone above and beyond for our guests as we strive to make everyone feel at home. We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you on your next business trip.