“Perfect for lunch”

Ranked #50 of 560 Restaurants in Chesapeake
Price range: US$4 - US$9
Cuisines: American, Deli, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: This retaurant has been in business for over 20 years, serving breakfast and lunch daily. We offer eat in, take out, delivery and catering. The sandwiches, soups, salads and desserts are homemade daily. Enjoy our free WIFI and TV. Visit our friendly staff today.
Reviewed 14 March 2017

If you are in and around Great Bridge, this is a great lunch stop! I have eaten here several times, always getting a great sandwich...unsure if there are later hours, as it has always been lunch that I had here

Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

Had a hot Turkey, cheese, and bacon on white toast. Waitresses were very attentive. Luncheonette. Counter, booths, and tables with chairs. A lot of families.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

This place is a Chesapeake landmark. Open for breakfast and lunch only. Good food and a great price. Definitely a "locals" hangout. The mimosas are great, too.

Reviewed 18 December 2016

The City Deli is a nice place to eat. Food is always fresh. Service is great. We have stopped in this place a few times and every time we were always satisfied with the service and food.

Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

I was looking forward to eating lunch here, I drive by everyday. Finally got a chance to try one weekend. I ordered rare roast beef on a plain bagel. The sandwich came out hot and the roast beef was cooked. Not what I had ordered at all. My hubby's lunch was also disappointing. He ordered a large sandwich with extra meat. Not much flavor and very little meat. Expensive for two sandwiches and soup, totally not worth it. The service was so-so and the interior of the restaurant could use an overhaul, a bit dingy. Will not be returning.