“Stick the the Gluten Free pasta”
Review of Ynot Italian

Ynot Italian
Ranked #40 of 559 Restaurants in Chesapeake
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Ynot Italian - The Family Favorite. Serving the best Italian cuisine, pizza, desserts, craft beer & cocktails in Virginia Beach, Chesapeake & Norfolk, Va.
Reviewed 11 March 2018

I rarely eat at Ynot, so I was surprised to discover they had a gluten-free menu. I had intended to just get the gf pasta with red sauce, but the siren sound of fancy Italian dishes I haven't even considered in a long time, turned my eye.

The fancy didn't work out. The dish arrived with the meat covered in bread crumbs.

The management and server were attentive, and a new dish was prepared. It was fine, but it would have been much nicer to simply have gf pasta and no hassle.

They do offer gluten free desserts. It is very rare for me to find gluten free desserts at any restraurant.

I tried a gluten free brownie (gratis, as apology). The texture was nice and soft with a crispy crust. The flavor was missing however.

In balance, I am rating them average, but my hopes were at their highest point after reading the menu.

Ynot I, Owner at Ynot Italian, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for sharing your experience with our gluten-free menu items. We really appreciate it. As you can tell, we care a great deal about providing extensive options for our customers who live with a variety of food sensitivities. Of course, we are dismayed to hear some error bungled our ability to get your order right initially, and for that, we reiterate our sincere apologies. On your next visit, we are confident we will impress and delight you in every way - with our food and our service. And we thank you for giving our gluten-free entrees and deserts a try!

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

Only the second time at this Ynot since it's not close to where I reside. However, with their reputation of specializing in craft beer should be have me here often.

The location is in a strip and sets off the road a good bit. Visibility is okay and you will most likely not pass it up if your looking North. Plenty of parking. The sidewalks were clear of debris. They have a good size outdoor patio for nice days.

I met up with a friend for a slice of pizza and beer at the bar. The dinning room is typical YNot with chairs and tables in the center, then booths along the wall. It's large enough to hold nice size parties.

The bar service was friendly throughout with food brought out quickly. My slice of pepperoni was tasty. The beer selection of around 25 on tap is the hero at this particular Ynot. The manager Foster is knowledgable about beer. He does the ordering himself to get in some of the hard to finds that craft beer nerds like me desire. They had a lot of IPA's on the menu which is not something I tend to enjoy as much as darker varities. A local brew from Big Ugly was a perfect match with my slice.

I will return and recommend especially if you have a palate for good beer and like a large selection.

Ynot I, Owner at Ynot Italian, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Happy New Year, David! We wanted to thank you for your fantastic review back in December! We are flattered by all of your compliments and thrilled by your hearty recommendation! Yelp readers will appreciate your descriptions (especially the craft brew aficionados!), and we certainly do, too! Everyone here is looking forward to seeing more of you here - as you work your way through our dark brew options! See you soon, and thanks again!

Reviewed 21 December 2017

Pizza is always under cooked even if you ask for well done and cook the crust.
If they did that the pizza would be terrific
For now it is just Ok

Ynot I, Owner at Ynot Italian, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are so sorry your crusts have not been cooked as well-done as you would have liked! Please know we always try to get your orders just the way you like them! Everyone here looks forward to your next order so that we can achieve that goal and rebuild your confidence in our ability to do so! Thanks again for the helpful feedback!

Reviewed 14 December 2017

Every aspect of dinner was excellent. The bruschetta was some of the best I have had and the chicken parm was also excellent. Large portions, fast and courteous service, excellent food, and plenty of parking. A great meal. They also have plenty of beers to choose from including locally brewed.

Ynot I, Owner at Ynot Italian, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

This is the kind of review we dream about! Thank you SO much! We really appreciate all of your back to back compliments and, of course, the five stars! Would you mind if we reprinted your comments in a future advertisement! We can't thank you enough!

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

I visited this pizza establishment based on the recommendation of my hotel with a couple co-workers. The pizza I will admit was great, but expensive! A large three topping pizza was $20, however, I guess you pay for quality! The sangria was not very good especially for a $6 drink. Lastly, the waiter never refilled the drinks which was disappointing being the place was not super busy! I enjoyed the pizza but I would definitely suggest ordering there with take-out...

Ynot I, Owner at Ynot Italian, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Thanks for the review. We are sorry you had such a mixed experience. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the pizza and we agree that our prices reflect our commitment to quality ingredients and providing an excellent value. The experience you encountered with your waiter isn't a norm for any of our locations. We appologize that your waiter wasn't as attentive as our customers expect and deserve. We hope you'll come back again and see that we have utilized your input to improve our staff training.