“Quiet, peaceful retreat”

Hampton Inn Chester
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed 4 October 2017

I always choose Hampton, I am never disappointed. We came to Chester for a wedding and booked the nearest Hampton. This hidden gem was located on a busy highway, but off the beaten trail just enough to get a good night's rest. Easy access to I 95 too

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 October 2017

The rooms are a bit pricey when you consider the fact the bathroom had moldy peeling wallpaper in the shower area. The room floor looked dirty, the bedding was nice and clean and the beds comfortable. Late night check in clerk was great and had our key waiting when we arrived. The morning check out clerk was not even at the counter I had to wait for her to notice I was even there then come help me.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 4 October 2017

Thank you for choosing our property for your lodging needs and for completing a survey. Your comments will help us to improve in areas needed. I do apologize for the issues in which you have stated. We are preparing for a full renovation in November and the bathrooms will have a rand new look. As far as the front desk agent not being in place at the time of your check out, I am addressing with the staff. Again thank you for staying with us and completing a survey.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

As a traveler I've had the opportunity and experiences of staying @ the various resorts/hotels. The Hampton Inn properties happens to be a wonderful part of my travel experiences. However...what has so intrigued and remains outstanding, is the fine assistance and courtesy I received from the GM and fine staff @ Hampton Inn Chester, VA. To keep my story short...I'm a Floridian who happened to be in Virginia and was schedule to return to Florida (4) days before hurricane Irma hit. Having already spent the last 6 weeks...staying in hotels from the Bahamas...Orlando...DC, I was starting to feel the pinch...certainly needed a break from all the spending. So I drove down South in Virginia where I ended up in Chester, VA...there they understood and came to my rescue. Due to hurricane Irma....I was a displaced Floridian...they did what I was hoping a few other hotels would have done...a special rate with lots of compassion and love, I couldn't ask for anything more. My deepest gratitude...eternally grateful...it feels like family. So If you happen to be in Chester and need a place to stay, check out...rather check-in to the Hampton Inn...they'll have your back in the event of a crisis...a good life to all ~ Sam

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 September 2017

Clean, nice average hotel. No out door amenities such as lounge chairs outside, Pool is shared with a comfort Inn. Only open in summer. Lots of fast food places to eat. Rooms are snall, but comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 28 September 2017

Thank you for choosing our property Hampton Inn Chester. I do apologize for the disappointment of no outdoor lounge chairs and no pool other than the one the one that is shared with our neighboring property Comfort Inn. Our property is preparing for a major renovation in November and we are excited to see the completed results. I hope that you will have the opportunity to come and visit us then. Thank you for your comments !

Reviewed 26 September 2017

I blocked rooms for the soccer team I manage. We had more than 12 rooms for the weekend 9-22 to 9-24. The hotel was very accomodating. The staff was friendly, attentative and courteous. The rooms were comfortable. We had a great time and the hotel was a big part of the weekend. Thanks to all the staff especailly the manager on duty Saturday night, who helped us put together a team dinner and Trey Woodley the GM. A good time was had by all. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family