“Can I give zero stars? Abysmal.”

Knights Inn Chilhowie
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chilhowie
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Knights Inn should burn this place to the ground. I was greeted by a cockroach on the TV when I came in. Not even enough hot water for one shower -- a (bad) first in my hotel experience. Dirty, stained rug, creaky, uncomfortable bedGenerally run down and just awful. These people don't even open the office for checkout in the AM, just a key dropoff -- good move, given the crappy accommodations. I'm sure they don't want to hear the comments.

I stayed here because I've always found this chain to be cheap and OK in the past, but I'll think twice next time. Drive the extra 20 miles to Bristol and have a better night!

Room Tip: DO NOT STAY HERE. There are no good rooms!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed here because we needed a room on race weekend. I don't have anything against older hotels but this was not good. It is located next to the highway so you hear the r
traffic all night long. When we entered the room it smelled of water. The strong musty smell was overwhelming. There was dead bugs on the bathroom floor. When we turned on the A/C unit, dust balls came blowing out. With the help of Lysol & Rennusit air fresheners we managed. At least there were no bed bugs.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Wayne M
Reviewed 29 August 2013

this is the nastiness place I have ever stated at we had two nights we only stayed the first night because it was late when we got there I made them give me my money back we were their for Bristol Race the rooms were 106.00 a night I won't pay 2.00 dollar a night for these rooms bed covers were dirty Thank God I always take my own covers with me no Iron or Ironing board no clock no toilet paper only two towels
Needs To Be Closed Down

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2012

admittedly, i checked in after 3 in the morning but the desk person was super rude, the room was the pits, uncomfortable bed, antiquidated bath, lukewarm water in the shower... it is places like this that i travel with my own linens... but i was dead tired so got a few z's

Room Tip: skip this pit
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 August 2012

To start things off the staff there are very rude! The room my wife and i stayed in was very outdated, the walls had a few stains on them the refridgerator smelled terrible(to bad to use)
the bathroom was in very poor shape the walls were crackin from water damage and the toilet wouldnt flush unless you held the lever down, along with a cold shower!!!! The wifi connection offered only works if you stand next to the main office! The pool was drained with a some nice green moldy lookin stuff around it and cracks in the liner...this place has not been taking care of in anyway that we could see! Ill never stay there again and wouldnt advise anyone else to either...

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Guthrie C

Been to Knights Inn Chilhowie? Share your experiences!