“Work needs to be done”

Knights Inn Chilhowie
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chilhowie
Reviewed 9 February 2016

The person at the desk had no emotion. Was not friendly, and made me feel uncomfortable.
The room was OK but the sheets were washed but had stains on them.
Overall, the room was clean. No WIFI in the room as advertised

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 November 2014 via mobile

I came here to visit my husband while he was away for work and he told me it wasn't a great hotel, but it was horrible, so I was already a little bit afraid. When I first walked in, it was ok; It needs to be hard core cleaned and updated, but not to bad. There were dead little bugs in the bathroom floor though. You can hear the traffic since its right by the highway. To beat it all, I go to get into the unused bed (there are two in a room) and I find a bed bug. After searching in the bed I only found two, but that's just all my naked eye could see. I checked the bed my husband has been using and I haven't seen any sign of a bed bug, so I'll be sleeping in that one tonight and be on my way in the morning.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Dale1221
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Knights Inn should burn this place to the ground. I was greeted by a cockroach on the TV when I came in. Not even enough hot water for one shower -- a (bad) first in my hotel experience. Dirty, stained rug, creaky, uncomfortable bedGenerally run down and just awful. These people don't even open the office for checkout in the AM, just a key dropoff -- good move, given the crappy accommodations. I'm sure they don't want to hear the comments.

I stayed here because I've always found this chain to be cheap and OK in the past, but I'll think twice next time. Drive the extra 20 miles to Bristol and have a better night!

Room Tip: DO NOT STAY HERE. There are no good rooms!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed here because we needed a room on race weekend. I don't have anything against older hotels but this was not good. It is located next to the highway so you hear the r
traffic all night long. When we entered the room it smelled of water. The strong musty smell was overwhelming. There was dead bugs on the bathroom floor. When we turned on the A/C unit, dust balls came blowing out. With the help of Lysol & Rennusit air fresheners we managed. At least there were no bed bugs.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Wayne M
Reviewed 29 August 2013

this is the nastiness place I have ever stated at we had two nights we only stayed the first night because it was late when we got there I made them give me my money back we were their for Bristol Race the rooms were 106.00 a night I won't pay 2.00 dollar a night for these rooms bed covers were dirty Thank God I always take my own covers with me no Iron or Ironing board no clock no toilet paper only two towels
Needs To Be Closed Down

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Been to Knights Inn Chilhowie? Share your experiences!