“Fun dessert--and t-shirt”

Build Your Own Cookie
Price range: US$3 - US$7
Description: We serve warm homemade cookies with your favorite ice cream and toppings. We also serve all ice cream products, cones, shakes, sundae, ice cream cookie sandwiches, floats, cookies and more........
Reviewed 10 September 2017

First, order your preferred large, flat, dish-like cookie, then your preferred flavor of ice-cream, then a topping. My daughter and I shared a chocolate chip cookie, with 2 scoops of coffee cookies and cream ice-cream, and hot fudge. My son got a peanut butter cookie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. All cookie sundaes come with whipped cream and a cherry. They're served in paper bowl-like containers. The woman taking orders was just as much fun and lovely as the dessert. One may eat their dessert at one of the picnic tables adjacent to this food trailer. The tables are under umbrellas. My daughter also bought herself one of their adorable t-shirts.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

I have been going to byoc since it first opened and my family and I love this place. Great concept and amazing homemade cookies. It's also great for last minute ice cream cravings when island creamy has an extremely long line and everything about to close.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Was a cute establishment. The cookie itself is very large. It was a bit chewy for my taste which probably due to being microwaved to warm it up. Ice cream is what threw it off. It was very watery and could tell it had been overly frozen. Overall it was ok.

Wendy M, Owner at Build Your Own Cookie, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review BYOC. Two points we'd like to address, first yes our cookies are reheated with the microwave, but we do not feel that makes them chewy. Our cookies are for the most part all soft & most would say chewy and gooey is s good thing. Secondly "overly frozen", not sure how that happens but it looks like you chose a large cookie sandwich, which is two warm cookies with ice cream in the middle, which will make the ice cream soft and melt if not eaten fairly quickly.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Highly recommend. We had the fudge cookie with honey roasted peanut butter ice cream covered in hot fudge. It was so decadent and wonderful. I'm ashamed to admit we went back two days in a row.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

We loved this place. Went twice while on vacation the week of the pony swim. Everyone kept asking if we preferred the Creamery or Mr. Whippee's, but we preferred this place over both of those!