“Just checked in and already problems...”

Magnuson Hotel on the Lake
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Clarksville
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

I didn't have huge expectations because I understand the hotel rating, however lack cleanliness is inexcusable not matter one star or five stars. I walked in and could immediately smell the sour shower curtain. As I went to use the commode, I looked down and there was a long red hair that was dangling from the toilet bowl. I looked down at the floor and I counted EIGHT HAIRS! I reluctantly pulled back the shower curtain to run the water and I can't even tell you how many other hairs I saw STUCK on the shower wall. Wow, just wow! Basic accommodations are understandable but over a dozen hairs in the bathroom, when I literally just checked in, is not! Stay with a family member, while here. I'm sure it'll be cleaner and less hair. Gross.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 July 2017

This hotel has a stupid reservation policy.
They will not take reservations for travel in the summer,
Why would we drive for hours to a hotel that says they will rent a room if you walk in the door and they have space.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2017

I wasn't sure what to expect after reading some of the reviews, but we had a wonderful experience at the Magnusson. Just bear in mind that this area is not a resort location and this is not a luxury hotel and may not be as fancy as some reviewers seem to expect. But our lakeside room was exceptionally clean, very spacious, quiet and comfortable, and had a lovely view. The daily cleaning was perfect and all the staff were friendly and polite, going out of their way to help us out on a couple of instances. There really is WiFi, but it's weak and spotty...I found that to be the case at other places in town too...if I was patient it was enough to check my email but not much else. I also did not have cell phone coverage in town. But I don't think I can blame the hotel for that, and other phone carriers seem to have coverage. We didn't try the breakfast. The food was very good everywhere we tried tho a little pricey. The daily rate is a little high, but if you can use a discount or go during a special offer it is reasonable for a waterfront view. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a quiet getaway.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2017

We ended up at this hotel after a bad experience with another in the area. We were pleasantly surprised when we walked into our room. Nice, neat, and oh, did I mention clean? Thanks for the hospitality Magnuson!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2017

We arrived in town for a family reunion. The hotel is very clean with good rooms - it is a newer hotel. there is a very nice breakfast area with coffee and tea available all day long. Great place to stay and reasonably priced.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clarksville
30.9 km away
Hampton Inn Henderson
#1 of 9 in Henderson
34.4 km away
Baymont Inn & Suites Henderson Oxford

Been to Magnuson Hotel on the Lake? Share your experiences!