“The whole experience was horrible.”

Baymont Inn & Suites Covington
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Covington
Reviewed 7 November 2016

First of all the room was filthy and stunk. I asked to me moved and the next room 226 had hand prints all over the walls. The room was old looking and had small bugs in it as well. The lock was broken as well. Hardly any towels so had to go to the front desk. The girl had to literally climb into the laundry rooms window because she had no help and no key to open the laundry room. The next morning the keys did not work to get back into my room so the front desk had to bring the master key which took about 1 min to get the door open. Keep in mind it is about 35 degrees out. The ice maker was also broken and the continental breakfast was a joke as well! Lastly the Manager was extremely rude and not professional. I did not even get a free stay or all the trouble. I am still having to pay for half the night . Not the way to treat customers.

Room Tip: I would stay somewhere else if possible.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Moli K, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Covington, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2016

Dear Guest,

We sincerely apologize that you were not satisfied with your stay with us.

There are a few issues we are in the process of completing. Please be patient with the process. We take all the negative reviews very seriously as this gives us a chance to reflect on the services we offer. We will continue to train and educate our staff and further improve on the quality of the service we offer. We once again apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and sincerely hope that you will give us another chance and come back and stay with us.

Reviewed 7 November 2016

I wish I would have done my normal research on Trip Advisor, but we took an impromptu fall colors trip and this hotel was in the town we ended up in at 930pm with no other choices that seemed better. My husband had previously stayed at a Baymont somewhere else and thought it would be okay. We know it is a budget chain, but I at least expect a clean room. This room was disgusting and the pictures don't even do it justice. The filth, dust, dirty floors, walls and door were just disgusting and the lovely spider to top it off. The only reason we stayed was because I was so tired from driving all day and the bed at least looked like it had been changed. I literally only slept there and could not bring myself to shower or touch anything with my bare hands. I really hate to leave such a bad review, but I don't want someone else to experience what we did. It appears from other reviews it may be under renovation, so I would be sure to ask for a renovated room if you choose to stay.

Room Tip: Room 110 was not renovated as of 10/20/16 and was absolutely disgusting.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We thank you very much for the review and sincere apologize that your were not satisfied with your stay with us.

You are right some renovation are continue and it is on completion phase. We take all the negative reviews very seriously as this gives us a chance to reflect on the services we offer. We once again apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and sincerely hope that you will give us another chance and come back and stay with us.

Reviewed 4 November 2016

the hotel is under renovations, "finally" have been staying here for years. staff has changed and became a lot more friendly, more professional and knowledgeable about the hotel industry, community and overall atmosphere. Could not have asked for a better experience.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for your review we certainly appreciate it. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. it's guests like you that make our jobs worthwhile. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 31 October 2016

One of my crew had to try 4 room doors before they found one that would unlock to let them in. Then their heat didn't work the first night. They cleaned the carpets while we were working, came back to wet carpets for the rest of the stay. Uck. I got out of the shower and grabbed a towel, it had a hole in it big enough to put my arm through and the edges were falling apart. Sat on the toilet and it almost fell over, they did fix that the next day. The Owner needs to spend some money or shut it down.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business