“Not typical Danville.”

Add it.
316 Cibo
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

Always enjoy eating a here. The food pushes the envelope of what is considered typical for this area. Great soup. Great salads. Great sandwiches. Truly what most would consider a great deli lunch counter. Very progressive for Danville, which sadly might be there downfall.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

i did love the salad. i wish that i had a place like this in my home town of Charlottesville. back porch was a nice place to eat. i will go back if i were going down 29 again. great ice tea too. i can't speak to the sandwiches ... but they look good.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

It's in a convenient downtown location, the decor has a clean metro vibe, and it offers a good lunch menu, but the ordering process and the overall service is frustratingly chaotic, confusing and slow. I just left there from ordering a chef salad for take-out, the second person in line, and it still took me 15 minutes to get in and out. I try to be patient, but I never go there when time is an issue. I've even called ahead for take-out and still had to wait! As I said, I like this place and I would like for it to succeed, but it's days are numbered unless the order-flow and the service improves.

1  Thank 123,568,746
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We love the salads here! I had a panini once, but it was not prepared properly. The bread was not oiled in any way, and the sandwich was not pressed, so the bread ended up just hard, and the meat and cheese inside the panini were cold. I would have walked it back up, but there were about 20 people in line. It also takes a long time for the food to be prepared. The atmosphere is wonderful, and the outdoor seating area is great in nice weather. I'll stick with the salads and continue to come back for lunch!

1  Thank Karen E
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I've eaten their food 3 or 4 times, walked out twice because of slow service. If you've eaten in a good deli anywhere and especially in a place that takes pride in what they serve, I wouldn't eat here. If they want to charge premium prices, fine, but put out a premium product. Half the time, the staff is bungling and there's no flow to the kitchen line. They have shown flashes of some good products and some people brag on their food. Me, after eating in deli's all over Waterbury, Ct., especially Cavallo's who serve their great sandwiches on a Portugese hard roll, this place is way down the totem pole.

3  Thank Nighthawk46