“Steak Salad”

Ranked #100 of 129 Restaurants in Danville
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Texas Steakhouse & Saloon is a casual dining Steakhouse. Our menu is full of appetizing items with an emphasis on steaks. We also have award winning ribs, fresh seafood & chicken, as well as a variety of garden fresh salads, appetizers & homemade desserts. We pride ourselves in serving a great meal with value & variety in a family friendly environment. Dine In - Take Out - Catering
Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

Good visit, second time now. Great steak salad and very good fried pickles. Staff is always friendly and service is quicker than needed. Good selection of good beers on tap.

Support-JP, Guest Relations Manager at Texas Steakhouse & Saloon, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Thank you for your kind review. We are so pleased you enjoyed. We hope to see you again soon. Christine

Reviewed 1 April 2017

I am new to the area and none of my coworkers have said, "Hey, you really need to try Texas Steakhouse & Saloon." Now I know why.

I started with a half order of the onion blossom. No issues with this part of the meal, as it came out quickly, was clearly hot and fresh, and the ability to order a half-serving is quite unique and refreshing.

I was very encouraged by the salad. The overall makeup was nothing particularly special, but the house dressing, a hot bacon-honey mustard affair quite reminiscent of a family favorite from another town earlier in life.

Things fell apart withe steak. I order the Marshall Dillon Ribeye (billed as marinaded in spicy citrus juice), medium, with a loaded baked potato. The marinade was mediocre, but that was not the real issue. My "medium" steak had a thick, cold red band through the middle. Not close to cooked properly, and while I like plenty of pink and juice, and I am not a rare steak fan. A few minutes in, as she should have, the waitress asked how it was. She then took it back to be addressed. Almost 15 minutes later, she returned with the same steak, now cooked to a not-so-pleasant gray color all the way through; the kitchen addressed my first issue by swinging the pendulum "well" the other way. In addition to being overcooked, I learned just how inferior the cut of meat truly was; my steak knife was little match for several areas, and I ultimately left about a quarter of it.
The baked potato was almost perfectly cooked, but the "loaded" component (butter, sour cream, bacon, green onions) fell short of the description. I actually received a replacement potato when she brought my steak back, but both were quite light on the bacon and there was nary a green onion to be found. This would almost not be worth mentioning absent the steak issues, but it adds to the frustration given the circumstances.
The manager could have salvaged a second star had she dealt with it in an appropriate fashion. However, she sealed it by only giving up $10 off (about 1/3), and much worse, not coming out to talk to me at all, but allowing the waitress to deal with the whole thing (none of this was her issue; she did her job).
The price point is spot-on with the other mid-range steakhouse chains (Outback, Lone Star, Saltgrass, Texas Roadhouse, etc.) but the food wasn't close. With an Outback just up the hill, it is simply a no-brainer.

1  Thank obl30a
Support-JP, Guest Relations Manager at Texas Steakhouse & Saloon, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2017

Thank you for your review. I apologize for your poor experience. We appreciate your feedback as it is very important to us. We will use your comments as a training tool to improve our overall operation. If you would like to speak to a manager, please contact us at texassteakhouse.com. Thank you again.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

As opposed to other "steak rib" restaurants, the ribeye tastes just as that! The ribs have the best sauce and fall off the bone! The baked potato is always done w/o the "microwave" consistenty! This is the one steak restaurant that has survived here for a long, long time!!!

Thank you for your kind comments. We are so pleased you enjoyed your visit. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

I travel a lot for work and have since I was 19. I am now 23 and have visited over 20 states. Here was my experience, I walked in and sat at the bar after 5 minutes of waiting I still had yet to be noticed. A lady came and sat down beside me who was waiting on her order and asked if I had been helped yet. After replying no she went and looked for a waitress who said "she is probably busy" 5 more minutes pass and finally she shows up. I order my food and drinks and naturally I get ID'd. No problem I show her my drivers license and nexus card. My DL is non Virginia (I'm from Canada) and she's never seen a nexus card (issued by the United States government) so low and behold I don't get a drink. Oh well so be it I've got a delicious meal coming I've had plenty of Briscuit in Alabama. My meals shows up 20minutes later and the briscuit is luke warm and basically fat; the side of sweet potato was cold and the macaroni was over cooked. As a replacement to the macaroni I got fries which happen to be deep fried in the same vat at the fish they cook... I don't like fishy fries. After that experience I will never return

1  Thank Dayton C
Reviewed 26 October 2016

So, in the "Can't make this up" section of tonight's experiences...we visited a local steak house here in Danville, VA. I asked for hot tea. The server brings a glass of ice tea and says "Here ya go." " What's this?" I ask. She explains quite patiently that's it's tea without ice, therefore it's hot tea, which is what I asked for. Hmm, no...
The bread and butter come out. The runny butter is sprinkled with cinnamon sugar on top of it. Strike two.
My very well done steak arrives fatty and fairly pink. Brenda's medium steak request somehow was flash burned on the way to the table from the look of it. Crispy crispy...
Our ice water glasses (supposing that was a safe choice) get topped off with water from yet another cup the server just pours into our glasses.
Had it not been for Ricky Bobby and Betty Sue's screaming brood of future miscreants we would have been without any entertainment at all, at all.
We'll pack sandwiches next time we're in Danville, to be sure.