“Visiting family in the area”

Courtyard Dulles Town Center
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Dulles
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Newer Courtyard. 4 levels. Has a nice sized Bistro area to have a snack or drink and mingle with your travel party. Good spot to arrange a meet up. Room size as expected. Bed was very comfy. Better than most Courtyards. Only negative was the water pressure for the sink was weak. But the shower was solid. Small refrigerator in the room. Plenty of plugs for electronics.

Nearby mall and shops. Plenty of grocery stores and restaurants.

Good place to hold over for a night or two.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 August 2017

We were getting into town late on the first night of our girl’s weekend, and needed an affordable option that allowed a very late (1 am) check in and would provide us with a clean, comfortable place to sleep. The Courtyard Marriott Dulles definitely met our needs. The front desk staff was very cordial, and quickly checked us in when we arrived. The room was standard Courtyard Marriott fare – very clean and comfortable beds. We were a little concerned with airplane noise being so close to the airport, but were pleasantly surprised to hear little to no noise at all – certainly not enough to keep us up late! I would recommended the Courtyard Marriot Dulles if you need a clean, affordable place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 July 2017

My family was flying out of Dulles Airport, so we were looking for a hotel that we could stay, park for the duration of the trip, and get a free shuttle to the hotel. As a Marriott, Hilton, and SPG rewards member, I called around to all of the 'airport' hotels for the best deal. Why did Courtyard Dulles win out? Because everywhere we looked into (about 6 hotels for the reward category we were looking for) charged anywhere from $5 to $7 per night. CDTC charged nothing. We even requested the shuttle for 7 hours after our checkout time, and they still honored our stay by offering free parking and shuttle to IAD.

As for the hotel itself, the one drawback was that they don't offer free breakfast like some other Marriott brands. However, the disappointment of having to buy breakfast was offset by saving over $70 for parking. The hotel is clean and the staff is friendly. The room, likewise was simple and clean. The Dulles Town Center is right next door, and has a mall and a bunch of restaurants.

There was an odor (maybe paint or thinner) that was prevalent in the elevator during our stay, but it weakened from our arrival to our departure. A slight annoyance, but nothing to affect my rating.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank David L
Reviewed 31 May 2017

Across from the mall so you can shop or get a pedi or manicure. The bar area is great and the outdoor space with the fire pit was a great place to meet with all the other guest in from out of town for the wedding. The rooms were very comfortable and I slept like a rock on the wonderful mattress and loved having four pillows on the bed - perfect. The only problem was I had problems with the wi-if (kept getting kicked off)

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 May 2017

I've stayed in this hotel on business trips and while I prefer the Residence Inn, this is an excellent alternative.

What I like:

The Bistro at the Courtyard is nice, it's a good place to get breakfast and coffee in the morning, and a great place to have a glass of wine at the end of the day.

They offer a shuttle that will take you nearby (I think it's a five mile radius) if you want to go eat or shop nearby. Shuttle drive was friendly and prompt. He gave us a business card to call so we could request a ride back to the hotel.

The room is pretty standard but nice. I'm always a bit disappointed when rooms don't have USB ports. They were going through a renovation and I haven't stayed in the new rooms but I have co-workers who have and they have said that USB ports were not something they added (disappointing).

The bed is comfortable, and I enjoyed my stay. The room had a mini-fridge, which is always nice. I was there during a snow storm so worked in the Bistro for most of the morning and it was very comfortable with decent Wi-Fi.

The staff is very friendly and housekeeping was great as well.

What I don't like:

While it's across the street from a shopping mall, I don't love the location but that's clearly a personal choice. The TV channels tend to be heavy on the news and sports channels and I would like better choices or a smart TV.

I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dulles
8.8 km away
3.3 km away
Residence Inn Dulles Airport at Dulles 28 Centre
2.1 km away
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport

Been to Courtyard Dulles Town Center? Share your experiences!