“Great home-style breakfast”

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #6 of 63 Restaurants in Dumfries
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

My fiance and I recently visited Cracker Barrel while visiting friends in Dumfries, VA. The place was bustling, but I got to enjoy their lovely gift shop while waiting to be served. My scrambled eggs and bacon were done perfectly and my pancakes tasted like homemade! Love the little bottles of real maple syrup served with the pancakes. My guy's breakfast was huge including eggs over easy (done just right), bacon, a delicious hash brown casserole, grits, biscuits and gravy. He thoroughly enjoyed every bite of his feast! Love going to Cracker Barrel whenever we go to visit Dumfries!

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Cheap comfort food. Every CB has a little difference in food. This CB was one of the better ones. I had potato soup . Delish. My boyfriend had chicken n dumplings. Really good. Great service. Kinda busy for lunch and for Friday.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Food is usually very good at Cracker Barrel: this did not disappoint. Slow service at first, but then a very pleasant waitress waited on me. She more than made up for the short wait with her friendliness and competence.

Here's the deal: Similar to another Cracker Barrel I recently visited in the same geographical area , the chicken pieces were tiny compared to the other Cracker Barrel's across the US I've visited. (I might have a problem!) Also, while my server was great, the table next to me (who had another server) left to hunt down a manager because they had no check after a long wait, and staff talked loudly about management instructions after management left the area in another situation. Odd.

Reviewed 2 March 2018

We dropped in for a quick lunch while traveling south. I had chicken noodle soup and a salad. The soup was hot and very meaty. My wife had the turkey sandwich and was barely able to finish it. We were both too full for desert. Cost of the meal was $18 including two sot drinks. You can hardly eat at McD's for that and the food here is a lot better. You can't see this place from the interstate, but it is very close by.

Reviewed 14 February 2018

T and i stopped here on our way home sunday after the show event.
T got what i would have loved......"Moma's Breakfast"....omg...eggs, bacon, 4 nice wonderful looking pancakes with syrup to die for. for me yet another caesar salad with grilled chicken, bit this chicken was a whole piece, i had to cut....nice too and the caesar dressing was great..and 1 deviled egg......side of biscuits too...outstanding.
bring med. wallet only.