“Not Really Impressed ”
Review of Farm To Fork

Farm To Fork
Ranked #7 of 41 Restaurants in Emporia
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Description: Farm to Fork is a rustic chic restaurant & full service catering company serving the Emporia community fresh, locally sourced meals with a southern soul flair.
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

I had the fried pork chops as they had been recommended by another reviewer. They were tough, fatty and bland. That said, the mac ‘n’ cheese was rich, creamy and cheesy. My husband had the shrimp and grits (a huge portion) that he enjoyed.

Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

We stopped here on our jaunt along i95. I always look for hidden gems on Trip Advisor. First and foremost, this little place has no road front parking, turn at the light, as parking is in the rear. It's hodgepodge decor gives the feel that speaks to it's name, Farm to Fork. This is NOT a fast food restaurant, it's all cooked fresh so you'll have a good 15 min wait or more. We had Shrimp and grits (very large portion-2 people can easily share), 6 piece tenders w/ fries (also, nice large tenders), and 2 steak tacos. Everything was yummy!! I had never had shrimp and grits with sausage and peppers and onions but it was great! Tenders were amazing and even the fries were better than average. My husband says rate a 3 due to price. For 2 meals, 2 tacos, and only 1 drink, total was $40. However we could've shared if we had known portions and left for under $25. I'm writing the review so I chose a 4. :) I'd definitely eat here again!

Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

Seriously- this is the best Mac & Cheese on the planet. We had the fried chicken and fried pork chops - both were crispy and delicious. The service is friendly and we enjoyed an excellent lunch away from the typical chain offerings. Very much worth the 2 mile jaunt off I-95. Look for the grey building.

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

About a 5 minute drive off I-95, this little place serves the best fried chicken I have ever had. It was VERY reasonable as well. I ordered he Chicken Fried Chicken and asked for dark meat and they kindly agreed to accommodate. Inside the crunchy coating and delicious brown gravy, the boneless meat was perfectly seasoned, tasty, and moist. It was heavenly and I can’t remember the last time I had chicken as good as this! More brown gravy covered a generous serving of fresh mashed potatoes. The braised greens with specks of red meat (maybe ham hocks), were cooked to perfection with no bitterness that you find too often in other places.
My husband ordered the pulled pork sandwich that came with thin hand cut fries. The meat was sweet & juicy and not masked with bbq sauce like some places. I enjoyed a couple of bites of his generous portion of fries. They tasted like real potatoes but my husband complained to me that they weren’t crunchy. However they were not soggy or greasy and I really enjoyed sneaking a few forkfuls.
We sat at a simple maple table & chairs that were surprisingly heavy for their size and reasonably comfortable. We waited in a short line to order and again to pay but the rest of the time we were waited on by Money. Service was very friendly and when she brought sweet tea instead of unsweetened, she quickly corrected this. (It’s easy to not hear the un part of that word.) The lemonade was also good.
I would go out of my way to stop here again when we are driving north or south on I-95. The menu was extensive and offered a variety of tacos to mix & match, shrimp & grits, fried fish sandwich, wings, and banana pudding etc. I’m curious to try some of these next time but I’ll have a hard time resisting the temptation to order the Chicken Fried Chicken again. Oh my yes!!

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

My family and I just stopped here on our way back to Syracuse, NY. What a hidden gem! With easy access from the highway, homemade organic and locally grown food, and beyond pleasant service this place is a must! Everything is prepared fresh and well worth a little wait! Delicious!