“Good, Cheap Indian”

Masala Wok
Ranked #119 of 427 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: Asian, Indian
Reviewed 27 May 2017

If you're looking for some good Indian food on a budget, this is the place. A nice selection of wonderfully tasty food. It's not the best Indian food in the area, but it is certainly satisfying; you won't leave here disappointed (especially if you're on a student budget, like me!).

Excellent service, too.

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

We tried this place while busting in the area. The staff was very helpful and friendly. I say the cuisine was authentic because all the patrons were of Indian descent. Food and service were very good. Very clean facility. This is a casual place.

Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

I came into town late the night after a snow. The snow was less than expected, but still many businesses didn't open or closed early. This place was near my hotel and open when I drove by. I was fairly unimpressed. I decided to order from the Indian menu since the Asian menu had no beef dishes. I had lamb vindaloo with rice and garlic naan, a vegetable samosa and a side salad. The salad came out first, then the samosa, then the vindaloo. The service was gruff, the food hot enough to burn your mouth and the lamb very greasy and chewy. It was convenient and I had a decent meal for less than $20, but I wouldn't choose to go again unless there were very few other options again.

Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

Masala Wok is by far one of the best restaurants I have visited in the last couple of months. They have a variety of mix and match combinations and each flavor is awesome.
I personally love the Spinach Tofu Masala and the Mughalai curry (both vegetarian dishes as I am a vegetarian). I also live it as it has kiddie options as well. There is a kiddie rice for $4.00 and is loaded with paneer and broccoli and carrots. It's a superhit with my son who is generally a very picky eater.
And the best is the portion sizes for the price offered. Unbeatable!!!
Masala Wok is definitely value for money!!!

Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

I ordered take out. Tried veggie basil fried rice and some other Indian vegetable type dish. The rice was better than expected and the Indian was so delicious. I had a different picture in my mind of the Indian dish, but it did not certainly fail in taste. Food came out steaming and fresh. It didn't take long for my order. The lady that waited on me was very polite. Prices are very reasonable and the portions made it so worth it! Definitely want to go back.