“Morocco and France...Take Your Pick.”

Le Mediterranean Bistro
Ranked #200 of 425 Restaurants in Fairfax
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Old City Hall
Reviewed 16 October 2014

When you walk in, you escape the world for which you live. It's a very romantic setting reminiscent of a French have cafe. Open Table.com has Le Mediterranean Bistro as a French restaurant. That description understates the cuisine of this establishment.
Food french part of the menu has all the stables of France, boullibaise, escargo and steak frites. But look to the left and you'll see moroccan options, like tagine. Learn about Pestillos, the flavors and presentation will knock you out.
Rabbit Pate? Lamb tagine? All on the same menu. The wine list is also great. Bottles of French Wine are available under $35.
The service is great and entrees are all priced under $30.
Parking and seats are available, so make a reservation.

3  Thank Mayoplan

Reviewed 27 September 2014

We've dined there twice, and enjoyed it thoroughly both times. The menu is split between Morrocan and Franch; we've had some of each and been very pleased. The service is attentive but not obtrusive. The several choices I've had from their wine list have been exceelent and moderately priced. Noise level is low, so conversation isn't a strain. A new favorite place for us.

1  Thank PhredVA
Reviewed 2 September 2014

All the foods sampled were good, but the fish Padilla was a standout. Help with wine selection was excellent, and the wines are affordable. I look forward to returning.

1  Thank 8Joe8
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I wanted to take my wife out before her surgery on the next Tuesday. We made reservations a few days ahead of time, We arrived a bit earlier than our 6:30 pm reservation time but was seated immediately. The menu s split into two different styles. One is Moraccon and the other french. They also have some entrees on the chalkboard.
I ordered the foie gras as an appetizer and lamb chops as my entree. My wife ordered a spring salad of greens and the scallops as her entree.
The lamb chops were done rare to medium rare (4) and were quite tasty. My wife's scallops were cooked perfectly and were not dried out.
We enjoyed dinner with a glass of wine each. We then ordered creme brulee which was baked very well and yet still creamy inside. I had a cup of coffee.

Service was very good and attentive without being overly ambitious. Tab for dinner with a generous tip was $150.00.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We went to Le Mediterranean Bistro for during a "Restaurant Week" earlier this year. A pleasant surprise was that almost every three-course meal on the menu was offered at the "promotion" price. Sensing that we were in no hurry - we were not on a "lunch hour", the waiter paced each course perfectly. The one and only criticism was that when asking about wine not on the wine list the waiter immediately recommended an offering that was priced significantly more than our two three-course meals without revealing its price. The next time, we dine here I'll be sure to ask about different wines within a stated price range.

1  Thank Tom K