“Very nice casual place”

Ranked #89 of 435 Restaurants in Fairfax
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: For over 21 years, The Blue Iguana has been a fixture here in Fairfax, Virginia. One of the first of the new school of Chef driven restaurants, The Blue Iguana was finally sold by it's first owners, whom have retired, to veteran Clifton & Nargiza Wilcox in August of 2013. Since 2013 a lot of great changes were made. We strive to give every guest the best experience at Blue Iguana. So come have a drink, come have a bite, enjoy the best SUNDAY BRUNCH, BEST HAPPY HOUR and get to know our family of the great staff in Northen Virginia.
Reviewed 7 December 2017

Loved it! Loved it so much, we went back the next day for brunch! Service is super friendly, no wait both times when we went, pleasant decor, ample seating, comfortable booths and tables. The happy hour is from noon till 8 p.m. and drinks are super cheap. Tried their Botanas menu - its sort of an appetizer only a bit larger. Food was nicely cooked. Brunch is very budget friendly with adequate options. The place is open till 2 a.m. which is interesting.

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

I went there after arriving into town late. They stay open until 2 with music, food and the drinks are extremely affordable.

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

This place has got the home town feel with the all you would expect, but wait there's more! There food is over the top! So you can't go wrong. Plus, I had to widen my grin when I got my very cold beer. Man life is good! We had the pleasure to say thank you to Ian Purcell! What a great guy and I don't know him well but at proud of how he handle his businesses. We first me Ian at MurLarkey's Distillery, he's the VP for Business Development! So take the tour there is you near Bristow. (I recommend the Clemoncy). Thanks Ian for the great experience at both establishments!

Reviewed 9 May 2017

My group of girlfriends likes to get together for brunch at different places in the area. We were pleasantly surprised by Blue Iguana in Fairfax because we could make a reservation easily for our group via their website and they were accommodating for those of us with young children. On the day we went to brunch, the kiddos ended up staying home, but we arrived to have our table all set up and ready to go. The brunch is a buffet, but there was a wide variety of breakfast meats and eggs, plus a few more "lunch" type items and an omelette and waffle station with staff ready to make whatever you wanted. Our server was really friendly and kept us topped up on coffee the entire time we were there. I can't remember what the total was, but it was definitely less than or about $25 including my tip. I would definitely go back again!

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

The staff was very friendly and helpful, it was my first time there since I was like 10. The happy hour deals are great and it goes till 8 everyday including the weekends. The chicken quesadilla and mac an cheese were good and only 5 dollars. It's definitely a good place for locals since there seems to be many of them. I will definitely be going back.