“Outstanding comfort in a real home - everything is simply terrific”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Front Royal
Woodward House on Manor Grade
Ranked #1 of 10 Front Royal B&B and Inns
Virginia
“Outstanding comfort in a real home - everything is simply terrific”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

We LOVED Woodward House.
My husband and I have stayed in many Hotels and B+B's all over the world, we are now sailing around the world and wanted a very homely place to stay for a few days after a hectic UK visit before returning to our boat. We got homely in spades.
The website that Bob has put together is great. Informative and useful for tourists.
We arrived to the friendliest of welcomes and were shown to our beautiful cabin - an upgrade from a stunning room and a lovely surprise (photos added). The attention to detail was quite amazing - a welcome drink, cookies, popcorn and sweets. The bathroom was top drawer - a Jacuzzi bath, gel, shampoo even a little pot of talcum powder.
The breakfast that Joan produces is out of this world - all home made and cooked to order, the freshest eggs, the biggest muffins and no need to eat for the rest of the day.
After a day of exploring a welcome in the complementary bar and chance to spin some tales.
We have no hesitation in highly recommending this unique place. Truly an experience we will never forget.
Thank you Joan and Bob ( Kathy and Don too ) xx xx

Room Tip: The rooms are all unique, the beds very comfortable, the cabins stunning
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2011

I cannot say enough about how wonderful my stay(s) have been at this wonderful Bed and Breakfast. When I first arrived last year, I had been on the Appalachina Trail coming from Harper's Ferry.
I never expected to be treated with such warmth and hospitality. Bob and Joan are two excellent inn keepers and their accomations were far superior to any B and B I had visted on my 100 mile trek on the AT.
I was determined to bring my wife back, not only to show her this wonderful Manor House, but for her to meet my two new friends who went out of their way to make me feel like a guest in their stately home.
This past spring I was returning from a visit down south near North Carolina and the Tennesee border and make it a point to stay at the place I have grown to love so well. If you're looking for a place to stay that is above average and won't break the bank, I highly recommend The Woodward House on Manor Grade. I'm sure that, just like me, this will not be your first and last visit.
I recommend this B and B because it is located near the AT and many vineyards, caverns and exciting excursions. The breakfast they serve will make you want to skip lunch. Great food, wonderful accomodations, and I'm sure you'll see, Bob and Joan are two very special people.
Happy Trails,
Ralph Estle

Room Tip: The cabin is like a dream ...... All of the rooms are top shelf.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
Kaiserslautern, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

My wife and I spent our first ever night at a B&B and absolutely loved it! After a full day of visiting wineries, sightseeing, and scenic drives in the Shenendoah Valley, we checked into the Woodward House around 4PM. Our welcome by Joan was so warm and inviting, and we immediately felt right at home. We were upgraded to the Elizabeth Suite without even asking! The suite was very large, warm, and cozy, with a private bath, bedroom, living area, and TV room.

After taking a nice nap we headed down for their first ever wine tasting party in the downstairs bar (full with beer on tap, other drinks, and excellent appitizers like grilled chicken, cheese, veggies, and desserts). About 10 of us participated in the blind tasting event with the winners keeping the extra bottles brought by everyone. It was an amazing time that we will never forget.

Sunday morning we had a delightful breakfast delivered by Bob - cinnamon buns, omlettes, waffles, whatever you want they seemed to have, and it tasted fabulous!

We are already planning our next visit to the Woodward House!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

We stayed here two years ago, so when we returned to VA, we wanted to revisit the Woodward. Joan remembered us and gave us the warmest welcome, making us feel like we were visiting a long lost friend. From the nice snack basket in the room to the free guest bar and fantastic breakfast, there's nowhere that makes me feel quite as comfortable as this B&B. Feels like family!

Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Kailua, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2011

Innkeepers Bob and Joan Kaye are the most welcoming and gracious folks imaginable. The rooms at the Woodward House are charming, cozy, and clean. Attention to your comfort is number one --from the comfy bed to the extraordinary breakfast. Speak of breakfast, if you like breakfast- thick and yummy french toast, country fresh omelettes, blueberry pancakes, you will be more than satisfied. A great place to get away from it all and treat yourself.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
3.6 km away
Lackawanna B&B
Lackawanna B&B
#2 of 10 in Front Royal

Been to Woodward House on Manor Grade? Share your experiences!