“Good lunch”

Price range: US$0 - US$20
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 4 December 2017

I had the chicken fried steak and husband had the meatloaf. Both were delicious. Our server was prompt and efficient. We ate upstairs in the Tavern and enjoyed the environment.

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

Chicken pot pie and salad were very good and a good price. Service was prompted. We ate in tavern upstairs and it was a nice room for a casual meal.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

Driving around Front Royal we thought this place looked interesting so decided to have dinner there. We had a nice, roomy booth and didn't feel like we were crowded in with other diners. We had the Blue Mountain Chicken and Meatloaf dinners. Both were very good and we thought reasonably priced. Our waitress was a little slow to bring the check, but otherwise attentive.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Had lunch here on 10/15. We had visited years ago and had fond memories of our experience, so we planned to stop here. Wish we had not! The restaurant is not elaborate, but interior is clean and we had a nice booth by a window. Our server was OK. We had to ask for drink refills, crackers for the soup, ketchup and mayo. I had diet coke and the pot roast special ($8.50) which came with mashed potatoes and green beans. I also "added" a small salad. My hubby had the chicken avocado sandwich with slaw and a cup of the Ida Belle vegetable soup and water.

Soup was good. His sandwich was "nothing special" and very dry (hence the need for extra mayo). His slaw was way too runny (short on cabbage, long on dressing). My meal was good (home-cooking). Tasty mashed potatoes.

Took a long time to get the check ($30.64 before tip). I questioned the bill because I was charged an extra $1.99 for the mashed potatoes and an extra $1.99 for the salad. Cashier went ballistic. Snatched the check from my hand, said something like the server had entered it wrong. It should have been $4.25 for the salad (whoever heard of paying $4.25 for a small side salad to accompany a meal?). She then said she would re-ring our check because "she didn't want me leaving and feeling like I had been ripped off and since I obviously could not comprehend my check, she would fix it and charge me more." She made remarks twice about my not being able to understand or comprehend the check. We paid the revised invoice and left.

I have never been treated so shabbily by a restaurant. The cashier's remarks were unnecessary and beyond rude. The food and service here are only average and the poor treatment at check-out makes me say, DO NOT PATRONIZE THIS RESTAURANT. I would not recommend them and we will never return.

There are many more great options in the area. You do not have to put up with mediocre food and service and abuse when checking out.

1  Thank virginian9
Reviewed 5 October 2017

We went on a recommendation so expected so much more. The food was average, the decor was not what we expected for a historic mill, very plain. Our server was good. Wouldn't go back.

1  Thank penell45