“TexMex”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

We were a group of 11 on Father's Day. Good, attentive service. Food was hot and plentiful -- so much that we didn't have room for dessert. Fish tacos were tasty. If you like tilapia I would recommend them. Though not on the menu, they do offer ground beef tacos along with shredded beef and chicken.

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

We visited to celebrate Father's Day. Our service was excellent. The entrees were great, however the queso and rice were not up to par.

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Had other plans but then I saw this place and changed. The food was very good. Everyone was pleased. Service was pretty good. Cute place.

Reviewed 9 June 2017

Whenever we go to Virginia we meet with friends we met on a cruise. This time we went to El Tio's and I was very disappointed. I got the shrimp quesadilla and there 1 was 1 small shrimp and that was it. I've never had a quesadilla where there was 1 thing in it and that was it. Very disappointing. I didn't eat the rest because all it was was the shell. Our two friends liked what they had and their son got the shrimp quesadilla and he thought it was fine. I wouldn't say it was worth the money at all. However, our server was very nice and attentive. Would I go back....NO

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Why wait in line for over an hour to have "commercialized" Tex Mex when you can eat authentic Tex Mex?!? Located in the Giant Shopping Center, less than a mile away from Uncle Julio's, El Tio is a family owned restaurant. They have several locations in the Northern Virginia area, I have only visited this one. The food and atmosphere in general is great. Have any dish that involves the steak. I have no clue what they marinate it in but it's FANTASTIC! I always get the Cadillac Margarita. It's made with Grand Marnier instead of triple sec. The service is fast and good at both lunch and during the dinner rush.

I highly recommend stopping in for a meal or Happy Hour. You will not be disappointed!