“Wonderful Hidden Gem”

Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We went for the first time on Friday. It's tucked away in the shopping center next to a mattress store and a bit difficult to find. Locally owned and such a gem! Service was excellent. My only complaint is they use a popular bottled tea from the soda machine instead of making their own. If you like fresh brewed tea, stay away from this. Otherwise the food was excellent. We ordered stuffed mushrooms for an appetizer but I mentioned to Karen our server that I wanted to try the mozzarella medallions but we only needed one appetizer for the two of us. With the mushrooms, she brought me a single medallion, the size of my palm, on a plate for me to try. Delicious! They make their own mozzarella and it shows. We ordered two of their specials - both yummy and a treat. It was a nice romantic dinner with hubby of 27 years and we look forward to more visits, even though it's 45 minutes from home. Our only regret? We took so much time with dinner that we didn't have the time to try dessert. Next time, I promise.

1  Thank Debra A

Reviewed 14 September 2013

My son-in-law took my daughter and I here for our birthday dinners last weekend (9/7/13). The restaurant was clean, the food was outstanding and our waitress Christine was wonderful.

1  Thank a123456b
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I have been to Desiderio many times since it has opened. With many cookie-cutter chains in the area, I appreciate having a reliable independent. Our experiences with both food and service have consistently been good. If you are looking for an Italian resto that is a big step above Olive Garden, I would recommend Desiderio.

1  Thank phoaglan
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We have eaten here three or four times and generally like the place but always leave just a wee bit disappointed. The place is nicely appointed, the staff friendly but not intrusive. Like many places occupying the casual upscale segment of the market, Desiderio tries hard, but just somehow doesn't deliver. One night, the appetizer's will be spectacular, the salad flooded with dressing, the entre gorgeous, but lacking seasoning. The next, the appetizer is merely OK, the salad outstanding, the entre again, under seasoned. Respectable wine list and never a wait to be seated. Wish I could give it a higher score 'cause I generally like the hidden little dining spots like this.

1  Thank aBOGUSid
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We had a celebration dinner, party of 7, on May 19, 2013. This was our first time at this restaurant as we were visiting in the area. The restaurant itself is very nice. Our waitress was very attentive. Warm bread with a side of dipping meat sauce was delicious. Everyone was very pleased with their meal which ranged from homemade ravioli to veal parmigiana. I had the chicken picata which was overpowered by a lemon sauce and extreme pepper. The chicken itself was cooked to perfection although a bit too peppery but the linguine was rendered uneatable because of the lemon sauce. I was very disappointed with this particular meal and mentioned this to our waitress. If I have the chance to eat there again I will certainly try another dish but avoid the chicken picata or ask for a different side other than the lemony linguine which ruined the dish.