“Food falls short”

Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I feel like this place suffers from the same problem as many in this area - local restauranteurs dreaming of their own place open up a quaint establishment, but their ambition exceeds their talent. The food here just isn't very good. I've been here twice, and both times, the meal disappointed. Our waitress this time around was absolutely lovely, and I believe she may have been one of the owners and not just one of the waitstaff. We were seated outside, where we could hear the outdoor events going on in the community square, which was pleasant. There were a lot of families here enjoying their dinners.

I had the steak and pasta dish. My meat was overcooked and not very flavorful and the pasta was drowning in either butter or olive oil. My dining companion ordered a pasta dish as well. He is not as picky as I am, yet he complained that his dish was laden in sauce. That's the biggest accusation I'd loft at Desiderio - every item on the menu, without exception, comes covered in cheese or cream sauce. There is more to Italian food than a pile of cheese and cream.

1  Thank Phlyjets

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Consistently excellent food from this locally owned restaurant. Service is friendly but the food is top notch and not a chain. Usually don't order chicken a lot out but their chicken piccata is the best I've had.

1  Thank Gaingal
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My wife and I both had seafood when we were there and it was CRUNCHY its like the chef had not rinsed the clams or mussel before cooking them. I mentioned the sand to the waiter and was told that it is normal to have sand with mussels; I am sorry but it is not normal. Never been back, may be we will try again in the future.

1  Thank Raymond B
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We have eaten at this restaurant many times. All of the food is great although my favorite is filet Alfredo. You also need to sample the terrific bread and homemade sauce they serve with every meal. Wow! Great food, great service and a great value!

1  Thank Brad A
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We always make at least one trip a month to this strip mall gem. They make all of their own sauces and cheese, local ingredients are used where possible and the food has always been good. Service is great.

1  Thank hupd49