All reviews furniture store long term sleeper sofa clean rooms hotel is located staff was friendly richmond dishwasher highway
Reviewed 4 August 2016

Found a good deal on Priceline Express for this hotel. Check in was easy and the staff was really nice. The room was very clean but the a/c didn't work especially well (the room was coolish but still very humid). No coffee machine in the room, but decent coffee with the grab & go breakfast beginning at 6am in the lobby. Unfortunately, a couple times our card key stopped working -- maybe they reuse the same ones too much? Despite the hotel being quite full, including a busload of youngish kids, the room was quiet at night. Overall a good stay.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - Innsbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I am pleased to read that you found the conditions of your room and our hotel favorable. Because of you review, I have notified our maintenance engineer about the a/c issues so it will be fixed promptly. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Reviewed 4 July 2016

We have stayed at an Extended Stay America in another city. This location has the typical newer furnishings and the staff was friendly. The largest outage was the cleanliness of the front door, lobby and hallways. We detected a smell of musk and animal odors. Also, the air conditioning unit in the room did not cool the room efficiently. If these items are corrected, this location would attain a superior 2 star rating and be up to the standard of other Extended Stay America locations.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2016 via mobile

My friend and I were in town for a medical conference at the Hilton but no rooms were available there. The only rooms available were at this motel.

When I check into a hotel, I typically look at the packet of information usually found in the room somewhere. There was no information because there is nothing here.

If you expect any amenities at all, don't stay here. No ice machine, no wash cloths, no coat hangers, no coffee pot, absolutely nothing in the kitchen. Rooms are not cleaned daily. There is a sliver of soap in the tiny bathroom (bring your own-it's not worth it). Any towels you need must be collected at the front desk and you have to bring down your own dirty towels to the front desk-this seems like a public health concern to me-for the front desk person. Refrigerator was very noisy and froze all the food I bought.

If you are desperate for a room, pack like you are going camping and bring what you think you will need.

This might be a good place for groups of students traveling for sports competitions etc.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Meg L
Reviewed 4 March 2016

please understand, I am not rating this place a four star hotel.
it is a step above a motel but its clean, neat, with a simple design that makes it appear as if it is Hampton Inn, etc

check in was easy, the rooms were spacious!
(the 2 bedroom is HUGE)

the location is right off I-64, near tons of shopping/restaurants

the free Wifi was efficient for simple internet use

there isn't any housekeeping and you must bring used towels to the desk for exchange

the beds are not that comfortable and an adult should NOT sleep on the sofa bed
it is too thin for anyone above 75 lbs

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2015

Well, we were in the area for a college graduation and because I waited so long to book a suite in the area, there were slim pickings. We booked a two bedroom suite and the price was within reason given the amenities. When we arrived, we were told there were no two bedroom suites available. This news made me furious as the reservation was made through the 800 number. The staff was dismissive at first (they refused to adjust the price) but I was able to produce the email confirming my booking of a two bedroom suite. My nagging and insistence got us another room right across the hallway. However, this room smelled like an ashtray. I would not have minded but the purpose of a two bedroom suite was spending time together as a family. The kitchen was bare and the floor was dirty. Guests have to "check out" utensils and other kitchen items. The bathroom was disgusting. Unless you are desperate, avoid staying here. We paid, what I consider, a hefty price for the poor quality and condition of the hotel. The employees did what they could but it seemed as if their hands were tied. However, there were times when the manager on duty could have done more to accommodate us seeing how the error was made by them.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family