“Fabulous Wedding ”

and 1 more site!
The Virginia Cliffe Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Glen Allen B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

We attended a fabulous Halloween wedding here. The venue was excellent well laid out & clean. The staff were attentive and friendly, all in all a great day. Beautiful grounds, marquee and house. Perfect for a fabulous Halloween wedding.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 December 2016

I really hosted a formal tea party at this beautiful home in Glen Allen, VA. The furnishings were all period pieces and the wood glowed with tender care from tender hands. There were 16 ladies present for this fabulous show of a tradition from times past. We gathered in the front Parlor, which I referred to as the "Gathering Room" for Mimosas served in elegant crystal champagne glasses. The ladies toured the downstairs public rooms as well as conversing with friends. We then were seated at an elegantly dressed dining table, 8 to a side. The silver flatware, china, and crystal drink glasses were sparkling in the sun-filled room. We were individually served a plated group of tea goodies, Sweet Potato Biscuit with Sliced Ham; Chicken Salad Croissant; Berry filled Scones; Chocolate Covered Strawberries; and beverage choice of Hot Tea, Ice Tea, Water, Coffee and more Mimosas! Erin was my point person in planning this event, which was contracted on 6-30-16 and executed to perfection on Dec 8. The ladies voted to make this outing an annual event - we all live on the same street and enjoy a monthly outing for lunch ----- or TEA! BTW, This charming place is an Historic Landmark, a Bed and Breakfast, and used often for outdoor weddings, and receptions.

Room Tip: I have only seen inside 1 room, which was very charming. It is about 5 miles from my home.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

We feel like we travel back on time, the place is well keep antique furnitures, great breadfast bisquits are home made. Very quiet place no tv . I recomended for a peacefull trip not good for kids or teens.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2016

I was captivated by the pictures of this property, set in a quiet neighborhood. Turns out you could hear trains going by at all hours, up to 3 AM; must be train tracks nearby. The house and rooms are beautifully furnished. But it was kept at a higher temperature than I was comfortable with. The room I was assigned to was particularly humid. The hosts were very gracious, however. Breakfast was very good.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank Margaret C
Reviewed 31 January 2016

First of all, the staff/owner are very nice and friendly, if a bit unorganized. From the outside, the house promises more than it offers. I visited with 2 girlfriends and we had three rooms upstairs which was nice. We stayed for two nights. There was plenty of room in the house to visit and the room size was adequate. The house does not appear to have been redecorated or refreshed since the 1980s. It is tired and needs a facelift. I entered my room one night and was overwhelmed by the odor of cheap air freshener. It burned my eyes and was intolerable. The manager was helpful in finding the source. The maid had placed a new electric room scent. The bed was clean and the mattress comfortable but the rugs were stained and the furniture scratched. A communal breakfast was served. Unfortunately, most of the dishes were full of sugar. My friends and I were unable to have personal conversations as we would have preferred, despite the friendly chatter. On our second night, we returned from a long day to find a large wedding reception going on in a tent in the backyard. We had not been told of this. It was difficult to park. The music at 10 pm was too loud to retire. We discussed this with the manager who said they should be ending soon. It was another 45 minutes. The manager offered us a bottle of wine as we waited for the party to end which we gladly accepted. However, the wine glasses had not been washed since the last person had used them and lip prints were still visible. We looked for clean glasses but could not find any so we skipped the wine.
The next morning during check-out there was some confusion about the process. The owner is a lovely woman but they need to learn more about inn keeping. We will not return.

Room Tip: I could not say.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends