“These are Norfolk Dogs!”
Review of Joey's Hotdogs

Joey's Hotdogs
Ranked #19 of 185 Restaurants in Glen Allen
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 21 March 2018

As I may have posted at an earlier time, these are distinctly Southeastern Virginia chili dogs. We are fortunate that Joey is here in Henrico doing what his family has done for decades! I grew up in Norfolk enjoying his family’s fantastic hot dogs! Y’all know what I’m talking about!
I just wish I lived a little closer to this place. Yum!!
Thank You Joey!

1  Thank frankb409

Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

The staff was very nice! Hog dogs were cold but the taste was very good, just wish they were hot. Restaurant was very clean and was very impressed with their Christian literature. Hopefully I can try again as I really hate to give 3 stars.

Joey1963, Owner at Joey's Hotdogs, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2017

Ann,
Thank you for taking the time to rate us and for the feedback. We would like to welcome you back for a free visit on us! It concerns me that you received cold food and it would be helpful to know who your server was in order to get tbis addressed. Do you remember what day and time you were here? Perhaps you may remember what the grill person looked like?

Reviewed 15 September 2017

I'm so disappointed with this restaurant, and it breaks my heart to say that. When we moved here, it was our favorite place for a quick meal of delightful, tasty hot dogs. They were so good -- the kids would choose this place every time. We went here weekly for several months, but as the months passed, the hot dogs were getting worse and worse. I thought maybe we were just getting sick of them so we stopped going for a while.

We went back about three months later and even though they made the hot dogs right in front of us, they were tough as rubber with very little taste. I don't know what happened but none of us -- even our kids -- never ask to go there anymore. We might give it another shot eventually, but we'll tell them our experience it hopes it will get better next time.

1  Thank Grinchnot
Reviewed 27 April 2017

Joey's is a favorite lunch spot of mine. I will go there at least once a week or on a Saturday. The chili is awesome and the hotdogs "snap" when you bite into them!

2 all the way (Mustard, onions, chili) are the best!

1  Thank BenSprouse
Reviewed 22 March 2017

I just moved to the Richmond area a few months ago and I thought I would have to go to Norfolk for a good hot dog.Thats not the case. No frills hot dogs at Joey's--Mustard, onion and chili.

2  Thank Irvin2016