“Monday Night Burger night is hard to beat”

Capital Ale House - Innsbook
Ranked #6 of 185 Restaurants in Glen Allen
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 October 2016

HAPPY HOUR & MONDAY $2 BURGER REVIEW

We came to the Capital Ale House Innsbrook location for $2 burger night. Having been to the Harrisonburg, Midlothian, and Downtown locations, we decided to give Innsbrook a try.

Check in on Yelp, and get a free pretzel! I love their giant pretzels, so I was excited to see this. We got there during happy hour, so my sangria was $4, and the boyfriend's tall Vienna Lager was around $5. We each got cheese burgers, so $2.50 each for seriously HUGE burgers. Add an order of fries for $3, and we had: an appetizer, two drinks, two burgers, and fries for around $20 pre-tip. I love a bargain, and this was awesome!

The service was really awesome. Our waitress still treated us like high paying customers even though we were barely spending any money. The manager even came by to check and see if we were enjoying our meals which I always love.

If I had one complaint, it would be that the burgers could only be served well done. I personally prefer a medium to medium rare burger, so it wasn't as juicy and flavorful as I would have preferred. That being said, the burger was HUGE, and I could only eat half.

Over all, it was a good experience, and I will definitely return to take advantage of the Happy Hour and burger specials.

Reviewed 2 October 2016

Went for happy hour and dinner with a group from work. Some focused on the large selection of beers and were happy with the options available. List can be overwhelming. The melontini was good and sweet.

Food was mediocre. Several had to send their burgers back for being well done instead of medium. My veggie burger was cold by the time it got out. We waited well over an hour for food which seemed excessive. Later I heard the waitress say they do it on purpose to give large groups (we had eight) time to talk. Um, we came from work, we're starving!

CapAleHouse, Public Relations Manager at Capital Ale House - Innsbook, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2016

Hey Rhodeygirl,
Thanks for taking the time to leave your concerns. I appreciate the details with the positives and negatives.
I have shared your feedback with the Management team who will be sure to address them with our staff. We recently, on October the 8th, switched our beef to local Virginia, pasture-raised, antibiotic and hormone free. I would love to invite you back to try it out! Please reach out to me at linzy@capitalalehouse.com to setup this reservation.

Linzy Browne

Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

Stopped in for a bite around 4 pm on a Saturday. Plenty of seat, so staff was able to help us right away. Got the pretzel and cheese appetizer to start. Great flavor, and enough for the 3 of us to share. Than we had Cobb salad, turkey bacon Brie sandwich, and fish and chips. Everyone enjoyed there food. Prices not bad either.

Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

Service was bad. I had to go find the waitress twice because she had not been seen for 20 minutes. Everybody's glasses on the table were empty at one point. Fries cool, burger was good after a 35 minute wait.

Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

99 taps on the wall says it all. But if you need more, the food is tasty and the staff is welcoming.