“awesome food”

Lulu Birds Kitchen
Ranked #4 of 96 Restaurants in Gloucester
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Eclectic American designed and delivered out of a from scratch kitchen. That's Lulu Birds Kitchen, where every dish is prepared fresh off of a hot line with local ingredients, balanced with a beautiful wine list and served in a thoughtfully and comfortably designed dining space overlooking Gloucester, Va.'S historic Main Street.
Reviewed 10 November 2017

service is excellent, food is very good. Easy to find location right on Main St in Gloucester, Virginia

Isabelle B, Owner at Lulu Birds Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2017

Thank you!

Reviewed 28 October 2017

The chef here has developed a menu with traditional comfort food with a bit of a twist.
My wife and I came her for lunch and enjoyed it so much we made a reservation for dinner.

For lunch, we had an excellent server in Jennifer. I had a hamburger and my wife had a crab cake sandwich. We both paid extra for sweet potato fries and they were superb with a nice crunch.

For dinner, I had Crispy Shrimp appetizer. These were small shrimp lightly fried with panko bread crumbs, tossed in a sweet chili sauce and served on a bed of what seemed to be napa cabbage. It was very good. For my entree I had Carbonara with Crab. The pasta had nice flavor without a heavy sauce. There was a generous serving of crab meat. My wife had the Crab Cake. It was served with asparagus and mashed potatoes infused with fresh basil. She also had the Caesar Salad with grilled romaine hearts.

We will eat here again when we are in the area.

Thank you so much taking the time to write such a nice review! Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

We were delighted with this this place from beginning to end. We arrived on a not too busy Thursday. I loved the size and the atmosphere of the place. My caesar salad (with grilled romaine)was the best I have ever tasted....the chef puts an original spin on it which is tasty. My roasted red snapper,with roasted cut small potatoes and spinach. I savored every bite. I'm a pescatarian plus can't eat certain foods or spicy foods but that was not a problem here. My partner had the wedge salad , plenty generous ,and a hamburger , with a very different style cole slaw with a kick which he thoroughly enjoyed. It was all plated and presented in a lovey fashion. We then spit a piece of dense and luscious chocolate pie . It wasn't too big or too small but just right. My glass of house pinot noir was good too as was the coffee...regular and decaf. Our waitress was attentive in just the right way. The portions were just right in size. I love feeling I get what I pay for and am satisfied but not over whelmed by too large a portion. As you can tell we thoroughly enjoyed our visit and will return. I have recommended to all my rivah neighbors!

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

This charming restaurant is on the Main Street of very charming Gloucester Court House, a colonial town worth getting off the George Washington Highway to see. And when you do try Lulu Bird's. My husband is on a challenging special diet and when we inquired about a couple of choices the chef came out and talked with him and then tailored a meal for him that was delicious. The salmon was perfectly cooked, moist and flavorful. He had asked for corn instead of potatoes and it was a heP of sweet off-the/cob kernels that had been grilled and mixed with herbs, also delicious. My entree of carbonara with bacon and crab was a bit bland (could have used a bit more flavor) and the crab was a bit overwhelmed, although the Italian approach of being judicious with the amount of sauce (rather than drowning the pasta with sauce) was nice. The key lime pie with s raspberry drizzle painted on the plate was pleasantly tart. In addition to the very flexible chef the server was personable, helpful and efficient. This restaurant is really a 4.5---4 for my meal and 5 for my husband's. We will return and I look forward to trying other things on the menu.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

We have been to Lulu Birds many times and have enjoyed every visit. The food is outstanding, the staff is wonderful.