“Excellent Cuisine; Top Notch Service”
Review of Our Mom Eugenia

Our Mom Eugenia
Ranked #4 of 35 Restaurants in Great Falls
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Description: Authentic home-style Greek comfort food in the heart of Great Falls, Virginia!
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

What a new found joy dining at OME!

The food was excellent to a dish. Standouts included the Greek Salad—right sized bites and well seasoned, the Spanakopita was special. A puff phyllo pastry stuffed with spinach and ricotta, which made for a lighter appetizer. Order the large portion which comes with oven roasted potatoes and Greek style green beans (tomatoes and onions included).

The standout entre dishes were the seafood. The grilled octopus was soft, succulent and well seasoned, served with some steamed greens. The kalamari was tender and lightly breaded—almost tempura-like. Served with a dollop of mashed roasted potatoes—cold. Superb. The grilled branzini was flaky and flavorful.

Full bar. One surprise was the Texas toast sized slices of grilled bread—not pita, which was a nice accompaniment. Rosemary infused olive oil in a decanter on the table.

Go for the octopus! Outstanding.

Eugenia_Alex_Phil, Owner at Our Mom Eugenia, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Wow, what an amazing review, thank you, thank you, thank you! And as an Australian friend likes to say, the octopus is indeed killah! :-)

Reviewed 31 October 2017

Friends brought us here. And, I respect the opinion of these friends.....and this place just made that belief stronger.

This place is great. Nice looking room, really good food, excellent service, not overly expensive. It is the kind of place where return visits seem warranted, for the menu was interesting and diverse. I had the mixed grill...it was good, but no where near as good as my wife's branzino . The appetizers were super, the bread was fresh and flavorful, and desert (some orange thing) was delish. Will re-review this place after some more visits, for I see what other folk enjoyed, and I think I want some of what they had. But, for sure, you will do well if you order that branzino. Dinner for four, with a bottle of wine and an extra glass was $200 before tip.

Thank you Robert for your kind words, looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

We are always on the lookout for a non-chain family owned, neighborhood restaurant, even if not in our area. This is it. Although somewhat small, it's not difficult to speak with fellow diners. The service was friendly and efficient. The food was delicious. We started with saganaki and grilled octopus. We split a branzino, simply prepared, as our main. And finished with the "bird nest" baklava for dessert. We will be returning.
P.S. I would recommend making a reservation.

Thank you so much Ron for the kind words, we truly do appreciate it! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 6 October 2017

Very tasty food, warm atmosphere,good service. The guys in the kitchen made pasta for my little daughter too(out of the menu).
I will go back there again.

We were happy to oblige! Thank you for eating at our restaurant, please visit again soon!

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

The restaurant is simple, modest but warm and friendly. Operated & manage by brothers & presumably sons of Mrs. Eugenia. Greek wines are good! I was able to order a whole bronzini, my favorite fish and for me it's a plus! My husband got the cheese that they flambée or torched which is very good. I have to come back to the place to sample their other specialties. Right now this restaurant will be in my lis!

Thank you for visiting our restaurant, we're delighted you had a pleasurable dining experience with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!