Quality Inn of Harrisonburg
Motel 6 Harrisonburg(Harrisonburg)
  • Pool
Comfort Inn(Harrisonburg)
View Hotel
All reviewstexas roadhousewafflesphone conversationchoice hotelsa king bed roomthe breakfast areabathroom floorwould stay here againfront desk staffwaffle machinebreakfast sandwichwatch tvparking lotcoupon booksmall doglots of places to eatfitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 February 2009

We were traveling up I-81, and were looking for a place to spend the night. We tried the Staunton Hampton Inn, the Harrisonburg Hampton Inn, and the Harrisonburg Courtyard, all of which were fully booked. Finally, the woman at the Courtyard told us that the Jameson had vacancies. We were relieved that there were indeed vacancies, and they gave us a good room for about $80-90. The room seemed fairly clean, quite average. The bathroom had a strange layout. The sink wasn't in the bathroom, but in the room near the door, which was strange, but actually turned out to be an advantage for privacy. The hotel seemed fairly quiet, and the continental breakfast was quite average, but good enough.

There is a strip of hardwood floor edging before the elevators that can be a pain to bring the luggage cart over. Overall, it was worth the money, and good for a place to spend the night while on a road trip. Also, the Outback Steakhouse a few streets over was very good, if one is looking for a dinner in the area.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank estrange11
Reviewed 29 January 2009

Just came back from a two night stay and have a very mixed review. For a budget hotel, it is relatively nice, but the huge drawback is the thin walls and bad seals on the doors, making it an exceedingly noisy hotel. I could hear the family next door brushing their teeth! My room did have a connecting door to the next, but still, with the both doors shut and locked, this should not have been a problem. The other unpleasantness was the older woman who works at the front desk (I think she is actually the manager), she is rude. I walked up to ask a question and she just stood there staring at me, no greeting, no "Can I help you?" and then was generally surly. The guy working when I checked in was delightful, however.

That being said, the biggest and most pleasant surprise for me was the recliner in the room. I travel quite a bit for work, and have never seen such a comfortable chair in a room, and it really was nice (though ugly as sin).

I had no problems with cleanliness as some of the other reviewers did, and the WiFi worked great. Breakfast is your basic white carb fiesta most budget hotels have (though the waffles are a nice addition). Coffee is good (not always the case in a budget hotel!).

So, in summary, not bad, recommended if you don't mind or can easily sleep through noise, and find a good rate, but there are probably better options in the Harrisonburg area.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank WrldTrav-7
Reviewed 20 August 2008

We have been looking for a place to stay regularly because our daughter will be attending college up there. So, we chose the Jameson Inn, Needless to say, for $100 we were very disappointed. The bathroom door would not close, not even pull together, there was black mold growing on the floor near the bathrub, the phone didn't work and the door to the room was not shimmied correctly so that the bright hall light poured in all night, all around the door. We were very disappointed and will not be choosing the Jameson to call our home away from home. When we told the girl at the desk, she said a shy "sorry" Sometimes a bit of compensation would help make things a bit better...even a voucher of some sort. Too bad....

• Stayed: August 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 3 August 2008

My 18 and 14 year old children and I visited JMU for an all day orientation. We arrived in the middle of the afternoon. Soon after checking into our room we discovered the bathroom toilet was clogged after my son used it. I reported this to a young man at the front desk and he promptly got ME a plunger to unclog it!!!!!! My daughter a soon to be freshman at JMU and a sexton at our church took on the task. The young man at the desk said he was the only one there and couldn't leave the desk. I reported it the next day at checkout time and was given the same response. I don't unclog my own toilet at home I didn't expect to do it at a hotel either. Won't stay there again and will report to AAA who I booked room through.
Lepj55@comcast.net

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2008

Room was nice but I left an ortho pillow in room when I left. I called back the same day I checked out and the guy at the front desk told me that they had it, he even described the pillowcase to me. When I called back to see if they would ship it back to me at my expense I was told by a RUDE manager that it wasn't there. I explained that the front desk guy ( and told her his name) had told me that it was and had described it to me, she said he had no right to tell me and they did not have it. So in my opinion it was there and it disappeared. These pillows are not cheap! Not only am I unhappy about losing my pillow but the Manager was very rude and condescending. I will NEVER stay there again and would not recommend it.

Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business