“Worst. Motel. Ever.”

Motel 6 Harrisonburg
Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Harrisonburg
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Don't be deceived by the pictures online like I was. This place is HORRIBLE! It is the dirtiest, smelliest, most horrible place I have ever stayed at. After traveling 8 hours, I thought this would be a decent place to crash for the night with my two dogs before hitting the road again in the morning. BIG MISTAKE!

As a single 30-year-old woman, I was afraid for my life here. I slept with my pepper spray and taser next to the bed. I did NOT even pull back the covers, but instead placed one of my own blankets on the bed and used my other one as my cover. I was afraid to touch anything. I made myself shower in the morning, but wore flipflops.

If I had read the other reviews on alternate sites before booking this stay, I would have known about others' experiences with cockroaches, hairs, and unfriendly staff. Also had to pay an additional $2.99 for WiFi, in which they blocked certain sites during my stay, including this one (probably to avoid negative reviews).

In addition to the horrible conditions and unsafe atmosphere, there were flies in my room and even my dogs were shaking. And I was approached by interesting shady charachters asking me to "party" in their rooms. Clearly this is a place where the unfortunate live permanently.

DON'T STAY HERE! Spend that extra $25-$50 and stay somewhere safe, clean, and acceptable.

After all is said, I must say the worst part about my stay was the smell. I can still smell it now.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 5 March 2012

Great value. Room was quite large, basic and clean. Heard no one around us even though motel seemed filled. Near the interstate with plenty of restaurants around including a 24 hour Waffle house across the street. Staff friendly. Seemed like a safe area -- could park car outside guest room.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2012

If your staying just a night or two this is a great option. Not many amenities but if you need a clean place to sleep for cheap this is it. Only bummer is wifi costs 2.99 per day.

• Stayed: January 2012
3  Thank random315
Reviewed 15 December 2011

My family and I stayed for a couple weeks. Rooms were average. TV was terrible, not peaceful, had to go up front just to fix food. Its like they watch every move you make so no privacy unless in room. Only good thing to say is they allowed extra time without paying so we could pack and leave. I won't ever stay there again. Think it through carefully before staying there. My best advice to other travelers.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 24 November 2011

Clean, confortable, quiet room. No frills place but for 40 bucks it was worth the one night stay

• Stayed: November 2011