“Perfect Taco Night Spot”
Review of El Vaquero West

El Vaquero West
Ranked #1 of 40 Restaurants in Haymarket
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Who doesn't love a good taco Tuesday spot? Or fajita Friday? Or burrito Wednesday?

After having a not so hot experience at a different local Mexican establishment, we decided to give El Vaquero West a shot. Now, every time we have friends or family in town who enjoy Mexican, we try to make this one of our visits.

In case you haven't noticed, I'm the kind of person who can eat Mexican almost every day and never tire of it. El Vaquero West isn't fancy, but it does not need to be, I've never had a bad meal here. My absolute fave, go to dish is the California burrito, who can beat the combo of cheese sauce and red sauce? Your choice of meat (mine is always steak with this one). Plus, if you can't eat it all, take it home! Hello Mr. Toaster Oven. Quesadilla? Also delicious, everyone loves a quesadilla. I've gone with the taco combination, and this is reason for not giving a 5 star review, considering how much flavor the other dishes had, the tacos fell alittle flat for me. Totally still edible, perfect for that friend who can't handle any spice, but for me, a tad bland.

The salsa that comes with the chips is the perfect combination of spicy and delicious. And don't forget to order the cheese dip too. I don't what it is, but there is definitely something addicting in the cheese dip. You'll be just a chips and salsa person again.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

The food here is predictable and decent. I visit with friends most of my trips to Northern Virginia. I am puzzled as to why they don't hire more staff, and they routinely run out of basic things, like ice tea. To the owners, put some money back in the place and pay attention to how it is managed.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

It certainly has my vote as the best restaurant in Haymarket. My family has been eating here for years. Always tasty and very reasonably priced.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

My wife and I eat here frequently. The food is always delicious. The menu has lots of choices so you can order just what you want. Staff is friendly and the service is fast.

Reviewed 30 June 2017

My husband and I popped in to grab dinner on a Tuesday afternoon. No lines and we were immediately greeted by a friendly hostess. Our waiter was quick to get our drinks and the menu has tons of choices and for this Northern Virginia area- the prices are great. They bring you chips and salsa right away. My husband ordered fajitas and I ordered enchiladas with a tamale on the side. They were served hot and the food was pretty good. You get a ton of food.

We ordered fried ice cream for dessert- that was ok- nothing to brag about. The ice cream was kinda rock hard so we had a hard time eating that.

The wait staff was perfect- they would pop by to see how we were doing but they weren't hounding us and we weren't ignored.

I glanced at the lunch menu and think I will be coming back to try it out!