“Hidden Gem”

Stone's Cove Kitbar
Reserve with OpenTable
Stone's Cove Kitbar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 244 Restaurants in Herndon
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sunrise Valley
Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

Great experience. Friendly staff. The place was packed on a weeknight and we still got prompt service. The concept in the bar is open kitchen which was mildly entertaining. The down side is it can get smoky in the area. I enjoyed my food and drink, but I also noticed that a couple of coworkers who usually waste food at other meals, cleaned their plates.

Reviewed 16 November 2017

I took my daughter here for her birthday. Our waiter, Nick, was friendly and engaging, with service being quick and precise. We started with the Margarita crab wraps; very unique presentation and tasty. I ordered the shrimp and grits which were the best I've eaten, and Rach ordered the apple and goat cheese salad, which she enjoyed thoroughly. Richard, another waiter, came and refreshed our waters and we got to talking about homemade pizza (I gave Rachel a pizza stone for her birthday which she had opened at our booth). Richard surprised Rach with a s'mores flatbread for dessert. Excellent food, excellent service, excellent staff. Go, by all means.

Sonia R, Guest Relations Manager at Stone's Cove Kitbar, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2017

Hi Lon, we appreciate your 5-star review of the KitBar! We are proud of both Nick and Richard and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed the service they provided. We hope you'll be able to visit again soon!

Reviewed 14 November 2017

Went for lunch on a work day. We were seated at the bar, at a small 1/2 round table. It felt a bit cramped, but it was OK. I got the Cobb Salad and hubby got the Meatloaf Cupcakes. My salad was very tasty, but the serving size was a bit small (in my opinion). And I didn't add a protein, which left me feeling hungry. And unfortunately the salad was put on a small saucer instead of a bowl or large plate, so it was hard to eat without causing food to fall off the plate.

I didn't try the meatloaf, but my husband said it was good. The mashed potatoes were good, but I am not a fan of horseradish. You only get 3 small scoops of potatoes with a small meatball on top of each, but my husband said they were filling. The waiter said you could add an extra portion if you wanted to....not sure the price.

The service was a touch slow, so my 1 hour lunch went over by 20 minutes. Not good when you need to get back to the office.

Overall, it was fine, but the servings just weren't big enough. Oh, and they serve Coke products.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Perfect atmosphere for extended business day. Feels like happy hour from the time you serve anytime through the evening. Great small plates and service. Ideal for casual business discussions with any size group.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Casual dining at its best. Staff is friendly, food is excellent and you get to sit at bar and watch it being prepared and cooked.

1  Thank Mike C