“Looking for ethnic foods and meals”

A Taste of the World
Ranked #35 of 227 Restaurants in Herndon
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Asian, Latin
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 7 March 2017

We enjoyed our dinner there. I had the Jamaican chicken and it was very tasty. they serve beer, very clean restaurant and great service

1  Thank vjames1

Reviewed 20 December 2016

We had not visited A Taste of the World for several years, and we wondered if it still retained its reputation for good and varied food at excellent prices. It does!!! The fact that it has survived for so many years is testimony to its quality. This is not a posh restaurant--it is located in an industrial park. The menu lives up to the restaurant's name, particularly when it comes to East Asian cuisines. We highly recommend is you are in the general area.

1  Thank realbigbear
Reviewed 1 December 2016

I had originally planned to invite some guests along with my husband to have an alternative Thanksgiving Day experience at a local Thai restaurant. I had asked twice if that establishment would be open on Thanksgiving Day. The person at the end of my call responded affirmatively. Just a day before Thanksgiving Day, I checked again and found out that this place would be closed on that holiday. Where to go next? I searched several places and was very fortunate to locate A Taste of the World. The lady that I spoke with, most likely the owner, replied that they would be open for lunch. Bless this restaurant for their generosity in taking our reservation on such short notice!
This restaurant is truly unique in that there is not just one type of regional cuisine but multiple dishes from around the world. The variety of dishes is what makes this establishment a standout!

1  Thank Seamaid2
Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

A friend of ours introduced us to this simple/quaint restaurant in the Herndon area. It is a mixture of different dishes from select countries, but mostly mid and south asian cuisine. The staff is friendly and the owner is always welcoming. It is worth a visit if you are in the area.

Try their Okoy (vegetable fritters) to start - its a house specialty. And delight yourself with menus that will surely make you come back time and again.

Its a nice and simple place but what a taste!!

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

A Taste of the World was a quaint little place off the beaten path in an industrial park. They have delicious and authentic Thai, Indian, Italian, Southeast Asian, Filipino, Caribbean, and Middle Eastern cuisine. My wife and I both got the dumplings which were very good and the Shrimp Pancit. Philippine noodles, stir fry carrots, cabbage, and soy sauce. Very good healthy meal.