Euro Bistro
Cuisines: Austrian, European, German, International
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 9 February 2016

They were out of veal when we went but the pork schnitzel was quite tasty. A bit overpriced, in my opinion.

Reviewed 30 January 2016

Last night was my first time to Euro Bistro and, even though it's not close to my home, it will NOT be my last!

I had the pork schnitzel and it was really delicious. Thin, crispy on the outside and fork tender. The gravy was so good I ate most of my brothers! The spaetzel, roasted potatoes and potato cakes were excellent. I wanted to keep eating!! Hubby had the Bauern Schmaus and said it was excellent as well. For dessert, we shared the apple strudel and were not disappointed! The apples were lightly spiced and the pastry was light and delicious.The wine list is short but suits the menu so I found a nice white that I enjoyed with my meal. The list of beers were interesting to my husband and he was able to try something new. Portions are nice sized, even large, but my hubby and brother both finished off their plates.

Atmosphere is that of a family restaurant. We were served by the owner's wife who is very friendly. She was a little too attentive as we usually don't like to order our food right away but rather chat and enjoy our drink first. The people around us were all friendly and you can tell that these are repeat patrons. There was a woman playing the accordion and I just loved it. It added to the already festive and homey feel of this restaurant.

My only disappointment was that they were out of veal. That simply means that I will have to go again soon. There are so many dishe I want to try, though, that it will be a hard decision!

It's worth making a special trip to Herndon to eat at Euro Bistro!

1  Thank OhJackieO
Reviewed 4 January 2016 via mobile

We moved from the area a few years ago and returned to Euro Bistro to celebrate our 40th anniversary. The quality of the food and service were as we expected....great! The menu contained the same great selection, cooked to perfection, and served in a timely manner...what more could you ask for?

1  Thank Richard S
Reviewed 19 December 2015

One of my favorite places to go for schnitzel. Their German potato salad is also very good. The portions are huge and I can never eat it all.

2  Thank Barb125
Reviewed 18 December 2015

The only reason i didn't give them five stars is the location and ambiance, but put that aside. Euro Bistro had good food with very generous portions. It also has a very loyal and enthusiastic clientele that eats there once or twice a week.

I was fortunate enough to have the prime rib, which was a huge cut, served medium rare, just as I had asked, and accompanied by a generous portion of real horseradish. Others in my group had the rockfish--which looked delicious--and the veal schnitzel, which, to tell you the truth was the largest portion of schnitzel I've ever seen.

The sides were all good too--salads, oysters, shrimp imperial. I'm not a fan of beets, but one of our party who is devoured a large plate of red and yellow pickled beets with great pleasure.

If you'd like, bring your own bottle of wine, or select from their list.

The one thing we can guaranty--you won't leave here hungry!

2  Thank Ken B