“Best thai food in NoVA”

La Ong
Ranked #56 of 227 Restaurants in Herndon
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 6 June 2016 via mobile

La Ong has hands down the best Thai food in Northern VA. Pad Thai, drunken noodles, red curry are all legit!

Need to try the pork belly. The service is fast and efficient. The food is second to none.

Reviewed 19 May 2016

This is my little "go to" place for when I am hungry, want something reliably well-prepared, and served promptly. I typically have the basil chicken. The staff here is prompt and quick to re-fill your water glass - sometimes the food is spicy! If you want to stop in when you are out and about running errands, it works well to eat at the bar and view the muted big screen TV. There is plenty of space to park, since it is in a plaza that also supports a large local grocery chain - Giant. I have never been disappointed.

Reviewed 18 May 2016

I have been to La Ong Thai multiple times, at work we have ordered food from there and each time it has been a pleasant experience. The pad thai, drunken noodles and thai fried rice is pretty good; haven't tried any of the thai curries, but others have and they seem to have good things to say. Their Thai Iced Tea is actually really good also.

Reviewed 14 May 2016 via mobile

Unusual for me to give a rating of 5 for a small restaurant in a shopping center. But this place deserves it. My wife had the Spicey Beef Salad and said it was every bit as good as the one served at the Conrad in Bangkok. I had the Drunken Noodles with Pork, best I have ever had. Highly recommended!

1  Thank Brian B
Reviewed 29 April 2016

We finally stopped in after seeing it for several months. For a place with very average atmosphere, we expected better. The food is actually pretty good - got the Pad See Ew and rice. But the prices are ridiculously high. A small pot of tea was $4, and the two dishes came to $21. Sorry but that is too high.