“Upgraded Property”

Hampton Inn Petersburg / Hopewell
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Hopewell
Reviewed 20 February 2016

This property is older but updated recently. Nicely done. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

We had a very quiet room on the second floor facing the pond. No road noise at all. Our room was very clean and well kept.

Breakfast was included and a typical Hampton hot and cold items.

Room Tip: A room not facing the highway. One overlooking the pond.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 February 2016

I would recommend this hotel. Very clean, friendly staff. Excellent breakfast. Room was great. The location was easy to get to from the interstate. I would stay at this hotel again. I nomrally stya at Hampton Inn and this one ewas exceptionally nice. Great Hotel!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 February 2016

Clean, comfortable rooms, friendly accommodating staff, and a great continental breakfast. I stayed for two weeks for a military school. Having a free breakfast makes a huge difference! Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 February 2016

I visited this hotel in February as part of a 3 day work training event. We were told the hotel was recently renovated and from my experience they did a great job.

Cleanliness: To me, the most important part of a hotel is that the room is immaculate. My room was 100% clean upon my arrival and the housekeepers refreshed my room each day. I was very satisfied with the cleanliness. The common areas were also very clean, from the breakfast area, seating areas and the gym. All very clean.

TV: The TV was great! It was a decent sized flat screen but the picture quality was excellent. So many times you get to a hotel with a fuzzy connection but here it was perfect. They have standard DirecTV service so I knew all the channel numbers and the channel package was pretty good plus HBO's movie channel lineup.

Beds: The beds felt great. New mattresses with very clean, white sheets and an attached comforter in the style that is easy to wash and will get washed after each stay. Nothing that would hang around from guest to guest.

Guest service: I felt that the hotel staff were attentive to making sure I had a great stay. They were very pleasant every day and when I went down to ask for a razor which I had forgotten they grabbed one for me quickly and sounded like a Chick-fil-A worker with the "my pleasure" statement.

Gym: This is one area that could use an upgrade. There was only one treadmill and a very limited collection of other items. Specifically a few hand weights maybe up to 25 pounds and a few medicine balls also not too heavy in weight. Mainly, this is the first Hampton Inn that I have stayed at with just 1 treadmill. Luckily I got it when I walked in but had two others who came in to run that had to leave when they saw it was occupied. Add another treadmill and at least a workout bench.

Breakfast: The breakfast was a little different each day and pretty yummy. Waffles, bagels and the norm was always there. Each day they had two different hot options that ranged from sausage, scrambled eggs, folded omelets, etc. Nothing out of this world but still very good for a free breakfast.

Safety: I always felt safe at this location.

Overall: I recommend this as a perfect location for a quick stay on business or when traveling through the area. Probably nothing special for kids but for an adult this was a great hotel.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 February 2016

I did the online check in and was able to select our room at the same time. Location to Ft. Lee is so close that it took us maybe 5 minutes to get there. We selected the room with king sized bed and walk in shower. Bathroom is HUGE and bedroom is equipped with microwave and refrigerator. Breakfast had a few hot dishes, make your own waffles, fruit and cereals. Dress warm for breakfast as the room is right next to the front door and you get a rush of cold air every time someone goes in or out.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopewell
1.2 km away
0 km away
Candlewood Suites Petersburg/Hopewell
6.1 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond South/Southpark
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond South...
#1 of 8 in Colonial Heights
0.9 km away
Stay - Over Suites
Stay - Over Suites
#3 of 7 in Hopewell

Been to Hampton Inn Petersburg / Hopewell? Share your experiences!