“Fresh Seafood”
Review of Crab King

Crab King
Ranked #14 of 31 Restaurants in Kilmarnock
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Always reliable knowledgeable staff and fresh diversified slection of local catch and same day brought in from nearby waters.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

They have the best fresh seafood around. And the employees are always a delight. I love it when they ask "are you cooking or are we?". Sometimes they steam it for us and others we take home to cook ourselves. I go there almost weekly!

Reviewed 20 April 2017

When I want the best fresh seafood, I go to Crab King. I've been there many times, but my first trip is the one I remember most. When you first walk in the establishment, I was struck by how clean and immaculate it was. When buying seafood, I expect to see a fanatically clean place and Crab King is just that! So if you want very fresh seafood, go to Crab King!

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Although this place offered a few to go prepared items, I can't speak to them. What I can say is that their seafood is fresh and excellent. I am a local and have been buying there for years. I can't swear you won't ever buy fresh, raw seafood that isn't perfect .... but I can say I have never done so. Jimmy has been in the seafood business since he was a child and knows all the local waterman. He gets the best available and maintains and presents it as well as anyone possibly could. Thank you from me to a great source of reliable high quality product.

Reviewed 12 December 2016

When visiting Virginia's Northern Neck (a place to get away from the crowds), tasting the local seafood is a must. I asked a local where to buy some and was directed to Crab King. It is a truly local experience for the region's oysters, clams and of all things Sugar Toads! They are a local puffer fish deep fried pufferfish that I have never seen anywhere but all the locals regard as comfort food. Good place to stop by to load up for a picnic!