The reviews here stating how wonderful this place is (along with the pictures) do not do this place justice! I've been to a few BnB on the east coast of the Mid-Atlantic Regional area and I have to say, this place was tops! This was one of the best weekend get-a-ways I've ever had. We stayed here for a romantic get-away in January of 2012 and have been searching for a place to visit next and can't seem to find one as nice. We planned on returning but I thought I'd try some other BnB's (within a 3 hour driving radius) just to venture out. I'm having a hard time finding one that can even meet the status of House Mountain Inn ("HMI") so we'll be back sooner than later.
Here's a summary:
• Hosts were amazingly friendly, nice and & funny!
• Secluded (the closest town to dine and shop is a good 5-7 mile drive away).
• Clean - not a stain, bug, mold, etc. anywhere. It seems to have held its "brand new" feel even after a few years.
• Modern (but rustic) and very cozy.
• HUGE rooms and cabin (pics can't capture how huge this place is and how nice the rooms are).
• Private hot tubs on the decks are wonderful! Private is not an exaggeration here. Some places say 'private' but sometimes that is misleading. HMI's outdoor hot tubs are arranged just for each individual room/couple. And we didn't hear a peep from other guests.
• Food was delicious! (Full gourmet breakfast). They even offer to make something special for you if you have different dietary needs. As others have stated, dinner is available at an additional charge and the locals do in fact come up to dine so that's a nice bonus. And it too is delicious.
• The main bar of the BnB is fully stocked with popular/premium brands. We missed the happy hours but that is a very nice touch to offer guests.
• 24 hour snacks available for all guests (another nice touch).
• Gorgeous scenery!
Basically it’s a cozy BnB with nice 5 star resort touches throughout. The owners really thought of everything for the picky traveler.
If you're looking for antique, small, urban, this is not the place for you. It's secluded, spacious and modern yet still cozy and charming like most BnB's.
We only saw other guests during breakfast and dinner. The place was fully booked but other than meals, we never heard a peep from other people.
We wanted to go horseback riding (stables on the premises) but it was 20 degrees during our stay so we opted not to do that but will on our return.
I could go on and on about how nice this BnB is. It's a bit on the pricey side to stay here but very well worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape and discover a most unusual combination of attentiveness, solitude and satisfaction. Our 9 luxurious but casual guestrooms feature fireplaces, private hot tubs or Jacuzzi tubs, private porch, solid wood furniture, and the best bedding you can ask for. Leave the ordinary behind and immerse yourself in 0ur peaceful surroundings. We will help you enjoy and enrich your getaway by looking after all details. Come see why you will love our welcoming approach with each return visit. Spend the day relaxing or exploring Lexington's most well known mountain. Our 1,000 beautiful acres are just perfect for picnicking, meandering hikes, mountain climbing, wildlife watching, and sightseeing. Be sure to ask us about bringing your horse. End your search for the most unique setting for your next wedding or meeting. You will find we are well-equipped with the latest technology, making your gathering a success. House Mountain Inn has a variety of event facilities for groups from 10 to 150. All of which capture our rustic but elegant theme. We're Open All Year! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- House Mountain Hotel Lexington