All reviewsauto traincomfort innroom was cleanthe breakfast areafree breakfastwould stay here againnext morningoutdoor poolnight's sleepwi figreat place to stayhot breakfastfitness centercerealmicrowaveinnscomputers
Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

If you like not having wifi, then this is your place! Automatic one star deduction. The hotel itself is kept up with well, as well as can be for a hotel that is a little old. TV was pretty big and HD was clear. Breakfast had a broken toaster and something they called eggs. These are not eggs but other people enjoyed them. Waffle maker did its work in a delicious manner. Hotel is located perfectly near anything you'd like to be around. Lots of places to get anything you want are across the street. This is an okay value for your money. Nothing wowed me here, and nothing made me irrationally angry, except the wifi situation. I would stay here again but I would not go out of my way to do so.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 April 2017

We regularly visit this area, and the Comfort Inn Gunston Corner each Spring and each Fall to drop off or pick up family members using the Autotrain. Reasonably priced, clean, free breakfast and parking, nearby restaurants.

Room Tip: Suggest requesting room on high floor away from elevator
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Snert41
Reviewed 15 April 2017

We spent one night here in March. We chose this hotel for its proximity to the auto train. Check in and checkout were efficient. We asked for late checkout nd were able to stay in the room until noon.
The staff was pleasant and helpful although not very knowledgeable of the area. There was a binder of info in the rooms which was seriously outdated. We found this when we asked about one of the restaurants featured and were told that it as well as many others in the binder was no longer in business. The front desk clerk was able to direct us to Glory Days for dinner which we found to be sufficient.
Our room was on the third floor. We found it to be pleasant and very clean. Our only complaint, although a significant one, was the noise made by the AC/heating unit. We had the setting around 70 and the fan was constantly going on and off with such noise that we couldn't sleep. We finally just ended up turning it off and used extra blankets so that we could get a good night's sleep. The room was quite chilly in the morning but warmed up quickly when we turned the heat on. The breakfast provided was adequate with a good number of choices.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2017

The room was clean and comfortable. I stayed for two nights and was the only one in the room so I really didn't use the amenities but they were working. The selection of cable channels was ahh but for the time I spent it didn't matter. The bed was great, I'll give it that. The complimentary breakfast was.. well... a complimentary breakfast. The usual selection of fruit/cereals /pastries and "eggs" that was debatable and pork sausage patties.

Room Tip: I was on the 4th (top) floor and was quiet
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for two nights before i get on autotrain and it was one of best hotels i have been, clean room and good service and restaurant around. Very friendly employees and good breakfast.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo