“Seriously good Mexican Food !”
Review of Los Tres Potrillos

Los Tres Potrillos
Ranked #4 of 22 Restaurants in Louisa
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 8 December 2017

Mineral, VA is our "go to" village for just about anything; grocery store, hardware store, gas stations, etc. And once there, it makes a lot of sense to utilize some of the local restaurants like this one.

As someone who grew up in California, and have lived in Arizona as well as Texas, I am pretty serious about what I like in Mexican cuisine. And I have to admit that my first visit her, I was suspicious that I was not going to get a good meal being so far out in the country side of Virginia. To my surprise, everything I had that time, as well as every time since, has been pretty darn good !

Parking is reasonable here, however, they are in a strip mall so summer time it can be a challenge to find a parking spot !

Good selection of Mexican Beers !

Reviewed 23 October 2017

Simple. Affordable and great food. Los Tres always seems to be a gret pace to go when we're in the mood for Mexican. It's not Tex-Mex crap but good, family style Mexican food. They have excellent Margarita's, the salsa is the best around and the menu has something for everybody's taste. This is not a fancy, decorated pseudo-Hispanic restaurant but a down-to-earth pace with real food.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Go for a margarita and stay for the Burrito California, fried ice cream, and conversation with friendly staff members!

Reviewed 14 March 2017

We took a drive to Louisa and luckily chose this place for lunch. We really liked the place. It has such a friendly, happy feel to it. Not a fancy place, but a place you feel you can just kick back and enjoy. The people working there, who I understand are mostly family, were great. I don't think I've ever felt more welcome in a restaurant. We chose our usual chori pollo (they call it something else), and it was probably the best we've found. It was also reasonably priced. They did have a Sunday breakfast buffet for around $9, we, however, were a bit late and they were just closing it up. It looked like lots of locals chose it for brunch after church. Being in a strip mall, there is plenty of easy parking, and it also looked like they had a full bar. If you like Mexican food, you can't go wrong here.

1  Thank norskies
Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

Great omelet and great pricing. Staff is friendly and helpful. Will definitely be back located in the shopping center in back of Mac Donald's and at the opposite end of Peebles.

Been to Los Tres Potrillos? Share your experiences!